Karma Aspect 3's in their new home!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Doxquzme
Premium Member

Current build, 2012 Mazda 3 Hatch 2.5T
Boise, ID
Just got these custom 1.1L Resonix stuffed 3D printed pods in for my Karma Aspect 3" mids, fit like a glove!

Attachments

• Karma 3 pods front.png
    Karma 3 pods front.png
    403.8 KB · Views: 5
  • karma pods long.png
    karma pods long.png
    517.2 KB · Views: 7
I want some those made!!!Those look sweet! Metal or plastic?
HDPE (high-density polyethylene) Plastic with brass nut receptacles, several different mounting bases too!. These were made specifically to give me the needed .5L space after the driver displacement as recommended by Resonix/Karma Audio to be able to play them crossed at 300 hz up to 100 watts!

Should be able to do them for CDT, Si, any number of mids and to size which is the real kicker, correct enclosures really make a HUGE difference! We came up with the shape and the added length to make them still palatable and increase the volume which honestly is what is holding a lot of good mids to that 500hz plus range.

Very well constructed, fit and finish, fairly light relatively speaking. Hit up @BobTheBirdTurd on DIYMA, he's a class act!

That size in metal would be too heavy as well. These are actually light enough that they could be mounted to a pillar with a little cushion on the dash to support them. I have the small ally ones from that guy in Germany, even the small allow pods are too heavy to free mount on pillars, in my opinion. My Mazda 3 has pretty stiff suspension, free hanging weight was a real concern.

I bet you cant wait to get those put in and see how those speakers sound on the upper stage. Id love to do another true 3 way again. Sure will eventually.

Those deff look badd azz!!!
Here is the plan.

My car is on a bit of an incline, the nose is sitting about half a foot higher than the rear. The little bit of windshield obstruction is almost a non issue when its flat. Its no more a space issue than the aluminum ones i got from Germany because the additional volume is in/on the elongated backside of the pod. I could actually move them up another .5 to 1 inch up the pillar without hesitation. My tweeters pods will be mounted in that little triangular sail area where we used to have wing windows!

The straight on view are 1st and 3rd pictures, they are at pod level (about chest level), not eye level.

Attachments

• Pod on dash 1.jpeg
    Pod on dash 1.jpeg
    878.9 KB · Views: 7
  • Pods on dash 2.jpeg
    Pods on dash 2.jpeg
    253.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Pods on dash 3.jpeg
    Pods on dash 3.jpeg
    88.8 KB · Views: 5
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...