Guys help!!!!

juanmgarza26
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I just finished my install but im experiencing a problem. my optima battery which is in the truck drops below 11v and causes my JL 1000/1 and 300/4 to shut off. i read my voltages and my main battery holds steady 12.8 and my optima battery which powers the amps drops to below 10... why is this happening?? I have a pac-200 between the batteries...

Last edited by a moderator:
No it just drops WAYY too low in voltage i took it out to charge it a while ago and charged up to 13v and put it back in and held at 12.8 - 12.9 then started dropping, i turned on my car to see if the alternator would charge it up and no change...

Going to go to advance and get it checked, this is the first time it ever being connected, so if its a bad batt i can get it replaced for free, i still have like two months left for free replacement.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Going to go to advance and get it checked, this is the first time it ever being connected, so if its a bad batt i can get it replaced for free, i still have like two months left for free replacement.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
What voltage are you gettin with the car on? If the alternator isn't even touching it, if the battery voltage doesn't go up at all when you start the car, take that isolator out and test again. It could be bad or wired wrong.

Before taking it out i did that, i just jumped the wire over so that the lead going to the back batt was directly with the front and didn't pick up voltage, stayed below 10, i got a batt from one of my other vehicles and put it to the isolator and the charge stayed at 12.6 volts, so my brand new optima is a bad batt, my car batt is at 12.2-12.5 volts, and my back batt was at 2.6 mostly, so its not my wiring or my isolator

Hey guys, i took the optima to advance and got it checked, it just needs a recharge it will be ready for tomorrow, another q, could this have been my car voltage regulator??

Hey guys, i took the optima to advance and got it checked, it just needs a recharge it will be ready for tomorrow, another q, could this have been my car voltage regulator??
It's not the voltage regulator. If it was that your entire system would be displaying these characteristics. That's bad biz though, been seeing a lot of problems with Optima lately. I won't be buying another one.

sorry to post so many questions, how exactly does the PAC-200 work? I know it isolates the battery from the main battery but i want to know what happens when the remote turns on and off... really appreciate all the responses

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.