Ground Loop help

It sounds like the MS-8 is picking up noise from your engine/ecu/ignition and throwing it up the RCAs to your amps.

I would move the RCAs away from any power cables. If that doesn't help, move the MS8 further away from the front of the car. Try to avoid running RCAs parallel to other cables to avoid stray EMI (noise). Also, if the ground on your head unit isn't very good, it can make other devices downstream from the HU pick up noise and amplify it.

If you plug your ipod/phone straight into the MS8 (with amps attached to the MS8) do you still have the problem? If it goes away, I would suspect the HU or RCAs from the HU.

It sounds like the MS-8 is picking up noise from your engine/ecu/ignition and throwing it up the RCAs to your amps.
I would move the RCAs away from any power cables. If that doesn't help, move the MS8 further away from the front of the car. Try to avoid running RCAs parallel to other cables to avoid stray EMI (noise). Also, if the ground on your head unit isn't very good, it can make other devices downstream from the HU pick up noise and amplify it.

If you plug your ipod/phone straight into the MS8 (with amps attached to the MS8) do you still have the problem? If it goes away, I would suspect the HU or RCAs from the HU.
RCA's are running on passenger side while power is running on driver side, the MS-8 is in the trunk with my amps, i will try to use an AUX directly to MS-8 and see if that works. thank u for ur input

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.