New to the Forum!

brennermoore

Hey all, i am new to this forum, but not forums in general.

Currently i drive a 2013 wrx, I had a 12 inch FI SSD dual 1 ohm voice coil paired with a autotek m4000.1d at 2 ohms. The sub just didnt seem to be getting the power it wanted..

So now i am considering getting the Hifonics BRX2400.1D to run the FI at 2 ohms.. Will this amp do this sub justice?

Any input would be great, thanks guys.

What is your budget? What type of electrical upgrades have you installed? Some will say that you are wasting your time with that amp on that sub. You would prob be better off with a more reliable amp. Check the classifieds on here, and similar forums, and try to find about 120% of the wrms for your particular sub. Good luck, dude.

m4000 only allows for 4 gauge wiring, where as the hifonics ask for 1/0.. I have yet to do the big 3, battery is stock, alternator is stock.. Rather not spend a big chunk of money on an amp.

The problem you will have is that you will be trying to get more out of an amp than it is capable of producing and you will burn something up, dude. You will need to atleast upgrade the big3, any reputable amp that claims thousands of watts, will have 1/0g wire. And again, peruse the classies, you would be suprised what you can find with very decent price, I got an amp that retailed for over 500, for only 340.

Must be the new line of autotek amps. Which are pretty much junk For the big 3. Run 0 gauge wire. Add an extra battery in the back. Then worry about an amp

so you guys are saying no to the Hifonics BRX2400.1D which is rated at 1600 rms at 2 ohms; as opposed to my amp the autotek m4000.1d which is rated at 1000 rms at 2 ohms.

I mean you could get an amp that does more power but you'll most likely cause your electrical system to fail prematurely.

hifonics and other cheap budget amps are power hogs, meaning you need a good supply of current in your electrical system to support it or else it wont make power.

I'd say get a kicker kx 1500 or an alpine MRX-M110 or a jl 1200.1 They make power at 2 ohms and are very efficient meaning you dont have to spend an arm and a leg for a new alt and several batteries.

You'll most likely only need the big 3, if voltages are still low then an agm battery in front.

PS that autotek amp probably only makes 500-750 watts rms max at 2 ohms man. Probably makes 1200 watts at 1 ohm but thats all.

browse the classifieds man. Look for crescendo, soundqubed, sundown, DC, taramps, sound digital, digital designs, all are great amps that are efficient and put out lots of clean power. But before that, gotta get that big 3 and agm batt in man.

Nothing worse then getting a nice new amp and having it go into flames from low voltages.

Alright i will definitely look into it! For now im just going to put my previous system back in while i try to find something better.. Hopefully something will pop up!

Also difficulty on big 3? Anyone ever done it on a gr wrx? lol

not in that particular car but i've done it on 3 different vehicles already and it was all the same. battery ground to engine block, engine block to chassis ground, alternator positive to battery positive. Just add on bigger wire do not take any wire out. Mylows puts together big 3 kits if you need em all assembled and crimped for you.

so you guys are saying no to the Hifonics BRX2400.1D which is rated at 1600 rms at 2 ohms; as opposed to my amp the autotek m4000.1d which is rated at 1000 rms at 2 ohms.
theres no comparison between the brx2400 and the "old school" MM4000.1. like said above the one you have must be the newer version

Last edited by a moderator:
Im sorry not the old one.. But i think even with out upgrading to big 3 plus battery, that with the hifonics i would be squeezing out more power.. without hopefully killing all of my electric.. I dont know, I have never really gone to into depth with my systems.. Usually worry about performance mods, thats why i took my system out for awhile. Now regretting that decision, so now looking to upgrade.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.