Ground Loop help

thank you u all, i will try that out trumpet, but when i have my gains all the way down on the amps and set the MS-8 to about 8 or 10 after calibration, its still very low and i have to turn my HU to about 28/40 when i usually use 20. also i am getting a low noise from tweets even when the rca's are off the amp, would that mean its coming the MS-8.
drockstar these are brand new RCA'S and i even tried an old pair coming from MS-8 to amp for tweets.

Thank you guys for all ur help and suggestions.
I have my HU at 28/35 to get the most out of the HU signal. The lower the gains, less likely you'll have noise.. If you unplug RCA and still have noise, it really sounds like a ground problem.. I actually had the same problem too.. Many people have done distro block to ground and had no issues but others claim it's better to have everything at one place.. It may be worth a try but hard to say.

I appreciate all ur help guys. I have no idea where to start and seems like things I do are not working. I may just start to rewire everything

@bradl79; where exactly is your seat belt bolt located? Doesn't really seem like a good place for a ground... For my car, I literally have a fat hole drilled on the bottom of my trunk with a nut and washer. Try a new location... Somewhere far away from any other ground because I heard if two grounds are close to each other, they can also cause ground loops. Make sure it's touching the whole chassis and not just a piece of metal.

[quote name='blazian87']@bradl79; where exactly is your seat belt bolt located? Doesn't really seem like a good place for a ground... For my car, I literally have a fat hole drilled on the bottom of my trunk with a nut and washer. Try a new location... Somewhere far away from any other ground because I heard if two grounds are close to each other, they can also cause ground loops. Make sure it's touching the whole chassis and not just a piece of metal.[/QUOTE]

I'll try to take a picture

I'm not saying optical is 100% fool proof solution because there could still be noise coming from the source unit or the beginning of the analog signal after conversion from digital internally.

i don't know what i did, but i did finally get my tweeter off my crossover, i did turn down my gains on it and seemed to help, i get just a small whine, i can barely hear it when the radio is not on but not enough to bother me, but i will take a pic and see if i can get rid of it completely. thank u.

I went through all this last night, i tore apart my hole truck regrounded amps, drilled a hole in my truck floor and it was ny **** rcas needed to be grounded. I stuck a **** 1" piece of speaker wire in with the rcas and VOILA! ZERO hum, buzz, alt whine, AND engine noise. ALL GONE! Ecause of a STUPID RCA! I figured out it was the headunit because i bought at radioshack a 3.5mm aux to rca cable and plugged in my phone to the amp and it played perfect but with the headunit plugged in thats where the noise came in. So try that plug in your phone to ms-8 and see if you still get the noise if not its your headunits rcas

i had unplugged the RCA's from the MS8 and i still get the noise, I so i am wondering if its coming from my HU, maybe a bad ground. I have no idea where the install installed the ground on the HU

Just try this trust dont even copletely remove rcs and jam speaker wire in it. Just TOUCH an rca with speaker wire and see if it goes away

I didnt need to i literally just touched the outside of the rca with a random speaker wire i had laying around and the noise went away. So i stuck it insice the rca and plugged it in and voila fixed. Like the viseo says MAGICAL! Some people do ground it like to the chassis or the metal part of the HU and what not but hey why do all that when you can just simply put some wire in and there

didn't work for me, when i plug my Sub up to my MS-8 it get a constant rumble, except when i take my aux cable out so i am going to try a ground loop isolater with my AUX cable

Did you try frounding even the ms8 rca conmections?
yes, did not work either, i tried it from my amps, from the rca's going into the MS-8 and nothing. still noise, if i plug in rca's form HU directly to amp for subs, no noise, if i plug in the rca's from the ms8 to sub amp i get noise in the subs

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.