Ground loop issue

Participant count
  • Participant list

JohnPD

CarAudio.com Regular
I’ve tried all of the suggested fixes in the sticky thread, so I’m going to try the ground loop isolator. I’ve got a very slight buzz just from the tweeters in my component speakers. I’ve changed and checked everything and all is good. Where do I hook these things up to? Back of the head unit, or at the amp?

I'd use the isolator as close to the amp as possible. That said 9 times out of 10 a ground wire (~14awg) run between the amp ground and the HU or pico fuse fix (see pic) will resolve a ground loop. If you have outboard comps, try moving the crossovers.
How do I run a ground wire from the amps ground to the head unit? Where do I ground it on the head unit? Tap into the existing head unit ground that’s on the wiring harness?

If this is in the sticky I’m sorry but if you haven’t tried grounding the hu frame to the metal in front of it in your dash, that’s a good idea.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...