Got a problem , any idea ? (**** draw inside )

h2h0e

canada
Hi i got a problem , ive got 2 jbl in a sealed box (4 ohms 350 rms each ) running with an apsm 2000 at 4 ohm , my gain is set to ~50 % ( no bass boost ) . its look like my left sub cone is getting hot ( so i presume its the coil ) and my right sub look fine .

whats wrong lol ? any idea ?

its an apsm-2000 specs : 900W @ 4 Ohm

1400W @ 2 Ohm

2000W @ 1 Ohm

i got an elantra 2012 so im using line out converter on the factory head unit

One sub getting hot means it's wired different than the other. They should both be the same. And you need to set the gain with a DMM or O'scope.

Check the resistance of the speakers with dmm to make sure you have them wired correctly. Id check each coil, then the coils wired in series, then the resistance of the two wired in parallel. Since they are DVC, you could have one wired in series and one wired in parallel which would cause uneven power distribution between the two.

Its been a long time since Ive used a loc, but iirc, they tend to send a pretty hot signal. So like someone else said, setting your gains to half way may very still mean you are clipping.

There is no such thing as 50% gain settings, the gain adjusters are by input voltage. Saying "my gains are at 50%" implies your understanding of input gains is that they work like a volume knob, which they dont. Like others have said here, set your gains using an o-scope, DMM, or by ear.

I also agree you need to verify your speaker wiring.

Its been a long time since Ive used a loc, but iirc, they tend to send a pretty hot signal. So like someone else said, setting your gains to half way may very still mean you are clipping.
There is no such thing as 50% gain settings, the gain adjusters are by input voltage. Saying "my gains are at 50%" implies your understanding of input gains is that they work like a volume knob, which they dont. Like others have said here, set your gains using an o-scope, DMM, or by ear.

Ok so i have a big question for you ( or others as well ) My amp spec is apsm-2000 : 900W @ 4 Ohm ( i know its not doing is rated power so lets say -25% )

1400W @ 2 Ohm

2000W @ 1 Ohm

If my amp is clipping at 50% gain at 4 ohm , i want to know if its will be the same thing at 1 ohm , i mean what happen if i set my amps to 1 ohms and i give only like 15 % witch will be the same Rms as 4 ohm (50%) will it clip at 15 % lol ? if not i could run my amp at 1 ohm so i will basicly have more power since its not clipping

Ok so i have a big question for you ( or others as well ) My amp spec is apsm-2000 : 900W @ 4 Ohm ( i know its not doing is rated power so lets say -25% )

1400W @ 2 Ohm

2000W @ 1 Ohm

If my amp is clipping at 50% gain at 4 ohm , i want to know if its will be the same thing at 1 ohm , i mean what happen if i set my amps to 1 ohms and i give only like 15 % witch will be the same Rms as 4 ohm (50%) will it clip at 15 % lol ? if not i could run my amp at 1 ohm so i will basicly have more power since its not clipping

One sub getting hot means it's wired different than the other. They should both be the same. And you need to set the gain with a DMM or O'scope.
wire was fine , ive try to switch sub and reconnect but the same sub is getting hot, even if i switch subs connection and place in the box , i guess ill wait my ordered dmm

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

h2h0e

h2h0e
canada
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
maylar