Good sub for around 200?

CarAudioNewbie9
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
BFE
Okay, so after thinking about it for a while I decided to take a listen to the MTX TR7500 at a local retail store. I was pretty impressed. Sub got loud with good sound. However I am still not convinced. I just think for 200 bucks, I could do better so I'm gonna ask. What's a good sub I could get for around 200 bucks or so? Space is not an issue and neither is sealed vs ported, ill go either way. Sorry about the noob posting on the other thread, I was being stupid. My apologies. What subs would you recommend? I want a 12 or 15. Perfer 15 but a loud 12 would be fine.

EDIT: Are the soundstream subs any good??

Like I said in my last post in his last thread:

If you are looking to get LOUD, get a sub actually built for a ported enclosure, and go ported.

The LVL 3 has a low EBP, low Bl, and a high QTS. With the amount of xmax below 70% Bl drop, it just screams "sealed box driver."

I'm sick of people just repeating what brands are decent. Not all models from a reputable brand are correct for a given application. DC makes good stuff, but the LVL 3 is not the right sub for this guy.

/rant

What are you looking for? Sound quality, or loudness?

Do you want a mix of the two, or just one? Do you have space for at least a 3cu box?

I have space for anything. Lincoln Town Car man. I could fit 4 *****es in that thing easily. I want to be on the loudness side. I want decent SQ but nothing JL style.

Well, if you want a good sub that can handle a true 2kw daily (the dsc2kw you are planning on getting), you are probably going to either have to:

Go with multiple multiple mid level subs (more than $200)

Go with one higher level sub with a 3" coil (more than $200)

I'd say find a single nice 18, port it, and go with that off of the dsc2kw. If you do it right, it'll get pretty **** loud and low.

If you are going to stay with 1kw or less, then you can do it within your budget.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.