Good EQ Setting, Little Bass?

Jsc421

I have the Pioneer Fhx700bt and I want to set it to where I have little to no bass. Only because when I turn the volume up high, my 6x9s hit hard and sound terrible. So I want to be able to have it at a high volume wit little bass so it sounds good. I would also like it like that so when I have subs, the bass only comes from the subs. What is a good setting for a Custom EQ Setting with the 5 band equalizer?

Do you have an amp for the speakers? Set your high pass filter a little on the high side if you don't want much bass coming from them (around 125-150hz). Set your low pass filter on the sub amp at or below 80hz. In my opinion you should leave the settings on the head unit flat (0 treble, 0 bass, 0 midrange etc)

In my opinion you should leave the settings on the head unit flat (0 treble, 0 bass, 0 midrange etc)
Another way to cut bass is to cut the bass on the EQ. In a broad sense it's the same as cutting it with a high pass filter, although we know it's not acting exactly the same. You of course would not do that if there's a subwoofer in the system. There's no reason to leave the head unit flat if the system needs some help. If the treble is too bright, cut the treble.

I have a Subwoofer Phase setting for my 6x9s. It can be normal, reverse, or off. But hot still let's me get a little out of my 6x9s so they aren't useless.

Do you have an amp for the speakers? Set your high pass filter a little on the high side if you don't want much bass coming from them (around 125-150hz). Set your low pass filter on the sub amp at or below 80hz. In my opinion you should leave the settings on the head unit flat (0 treble, 0 bass, 0 midrange etc)
I agree with this 100% This is what I was going to suggest!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.