GM frame rail battery mount

sure does, it's handy to have the auxiliary battery tray for a second battery on these trucks. helped me a lot with voltage drop, so if i can get a third battery in that'd be great.

GM Dealership sells em, paid like 40$ for the tray and the retainer (triangle thing that holds the battery down). Keep in mind that 03 and newer (I think) trucks have the battery stock on the passenger side by the firewall, and my style has the battery in front of the computer on the driver side front.

This is the part number on my invoice for the passenger side mount: 15246518

If you need the driver side mount you'll need to get that part number.

I bought one of @michaellanes 90$ dekas, so it was under $150 for the second batt, not bad.

bumping this from the dead, starting to think ill need a 3rd battery.

if anyone is more familiar with where the best place to mount these is let me know, i'd prefer to mount it directly under my amps so I can just use a short run up through the rear of the cab to my back wall

i have a second alternator, just need the bracket and wiring. problem is they're over $200 which is ridiculous for a piece of metal and a pulley

i have a second alternator, just need the bracket and wiring. problem is they're over $200 which is ridiculous for a piece of metal and a pulley
I don't think that's a bad price, honestly.

I'm going to fit as many alts as I can in my truck..

I don't think that's a bad price, honestly.
I'm going to fit as many alts as I can in my truck..
i might be willing to pay $100-$200 if its worth it, but most I've found are $300+

Gotta do what you gotta do
im betting it doesnt cost any more than $40 for them to make the bracket and buy the OEM quality pulley, they're killing the prices on purpose so thats why i said eff it unless i can find one cheaper

im betting it doesnt cost any more than $40 for them to make the bracket and buy the OEM quality pulley, they're killing the prices on purpose so thats why i said eff it unless i can find one cheaper
Yeah, it's not like they sell a lot of them. Have to make profit somehow.

you won't make any profit on the customers you're ruling out by charging so much, just like the taramps authorized pricing vs what they get the amps for. there's a reason why people sell them cheaper, they can sell more.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.