Gain maxxed out.

Who thinks this is a bad idea?

• Duh dumbass

Votes: 41 66.1%
  • If you know what your doing, no

Votes: 21 33.9%

• Total voters
Because its funny to see you guys get so pissed off like I'm some stupid noob.
Pretty sure no one is getting pissed off and once again just makes you sound like an arrogant jackass.

But hey if thats how you want to carry yourself more power to you. Good luck. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Pretty sure no one is getting pissed off and once again just makes you sound like an arrogant jackass.
But hey if thats how you want to carry yourself more power to you. Good luck. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif
Well whatever, I really don't care. I guess no body noticed I have an external crossover.

You're so cool. Can I ever be as cool as you?
You already are. My plan was to max out the gain on the amps and set the h/u on 70 then adjust the gain on the x over. It makes it easier then trying to go around and set everything with a DMM.

Well whatever, I really don't care. I guess no body noticed I have an external crossover.
If you didnt care you wouldnt have posted this thread.

Also why would you turn your crossover all the way down and turn the amps up?

Maybe I am missing something but that doesnt seem like the best way.

You already are. My plan was to max out the gain on the amps and set the h/u on 70 then adjust the gain on the x over. It makes it easier then trying to go around and set everything with a DMM.
This is your great plan? To run your signal voltage to your amplifiers artificially low simply to make it easier to adjust your gains during initial setup?
You need to think this through a little more. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

This is your great plan? To run your signal voltage to your amplifiers artificially low simply to make it easier to adjust your gains during initial setup?
You need to think this through a little more. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Whats the difference?

Can we at least get a thread saver?
02sexyblondenx7.jpg

Thread Save?

I knew it was either that or a Master Volume Controller.

You do come off as arrogant and knowing it all, You are just trolling for a fight and in reality this is a pretty sad way to do it.

Plus you get whatever tiny signal deviations from your crossover multiplied 100 fold, where if you put 8 volts in and the aplification of the signal is only 25 times, you obviously get the same amount of power without the possibility of some signal abnormality being amplified up to the hearing threshhold.

It should work. Are you getting the cleanest signal and then amplifying it no. Your are gonna take a quarter of a watt and amplify it up 4000 times to make 1k. Better hope your external crossover is audiocontroll or similar quality and is grounded well.

good luck.

Anyone else have solid electrical reasoning not to do this?

I knew it was either that or a Master Volume Controller.
You do come off as arrogant and knowing it all, You are just trolling for a fight and in reality this is a pretty sad way to do it.

Plus you get whatever tiny signal deviations from your crossover multiplied 100 fold, where if you put 8 volts in and the aplification of the signal is only 25 times, you obviously get the same amount of power without the possibility of some signal abnormality being amplified up to the hearing threshhold.

It should work. Are you getting the cleanest signal and then amplifying it no. Your are gonna take a quarter of a watt and amplify it up 4000 times to make 1k. Better hope your external crossover is audiocontroll or similar quality and is grounded well.

good luck.

Anyone else have solid electrical reasoning not to do this?
Oh I know everything //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif. Anyway I really don't see how it matters. It might not be the cleanest signal and if it isn't, oh well, that can change. But since I can adjust the gain at my cross over, does it matter where the gain is at on the amp? I have a US Amps US-x3 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Ideally you want the gain on the amp as low as possible. Why? Well thats a whole other discussion.

Your way will work, its nothing special nor would I recommend it but if its good enough for you then isnt that all that really matters?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...