Gain Level Question

Participant count
  • Participant list

SKMexiFry
10+ year member

...For a Porkchop, uh...
Hey guys, I know this might sound stupid, but I have a Sony Head unit (CDX-L600X) hooked up through RCA's to an MTX RT2400 amplifier, to my 12" Type R. I am trying to set my gains, so I turned my stereo up fairly loud, or where I would normally be listening to it, and started to adjust the gain, with the bass boost totally off. My problem is, it is really at the sound quality and loudness I want it to be at, but the gain is at 4/5 of the way up. Will this be bad for the sub? I still have the bass boost all the way down, because it seems when i turn up the BB, it gets really distorted. The bass on the head unit isn't even at half, and the equalizer curve is at normal levels, or the same as what my Winamp is set at. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :thumbsup

BTW: The sub is @ 4 ohms

Well 4/5 is high but it really all depends of the input sensitivity of the amp and the input voltage comming from the receiver. How many volts is your HU rated for?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.