Gain knob clipping indicator..

Could it be that I have everything including my big three done and 0 gauge. 0 gauge from my battery to my fuse block. And then 4 gauge from the fuse block to the amp.?

My CT clip light goes off well before any dirty signal is even close.

I have three spare knobs and they all do it.

I know where my amp actually clips. I have it marked on the knob for 30hz and 40hz

I have a Cerwin vega 1000.1 with a clipping indicator on it. I put a 0db signal to it and watched it with my oscope. The light and the scope were dead on to eachother.

What db signal are you setting gains too? What is your electrical look like. Its possible you simply dont have the amperage to supply 2k worth.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.