Need Advice from the Pros

b.fwlr

I apologize in advance for the long post but I'm in limbo on a new setup so I thought I would ask the pros. I'm not new to car audio, just behind on the times I guess you could say. I worked at a shop here in my home town installing for about three years when I was going to college but I've had a truck for the past few years and I didn't really keep up with it because of the limited space.

I just bought a new Grand Cherokee and hooked up everything using the amp I had in my truck which is a VM Audio 1500.1. It's cheap I know but it was all I needed for two shallow mount Kicker 10s but now that I've got something to work with, I want to upgrade to something cleaner and better. I've searched several different websites and narrowed it down to a few but I wanted to get your opinions and see which you'd recommend or if there was something better around the same price

It's going on two JL Audio 12W6v3s in a 3.5 ft^3 ported box tuned around 32hz if my calculations were correct lol. I didn't really want to spend over $250 at the moment if possible but if you think I should stay away from all of these, I'll just wait and do something later. Some of these prices may be a lil off, I just grabbed the prices from eBay because it was the quickest. Thanks in advance guys!

CAB 1600.1 $200~

Skar Audio RP-2000.1 $220~

MB Quart DA1-1800.1 $125~

Rockville RXD-M3 $130~ (Don't really know much about them, 2000 RMS?)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen the CAB 1600.1 discussed in a few other other posts but honestly forgot about it. I've also seen all the hate on Skar Audio, should I be afraid of them? One of the shops I called swore by them. He said "I've sold every brand you could imagine in my 20+ years and Skar is hands down one of my favorites. They produce some of the highest quality products on the market and keep it affordable for us every day guys." I understand his shop pushes Skar and he wants to make a sale but at the same time, he was one of the nicest guys I've talked to and was the most helpful by far. Good customer service seems to be a thing of the past these days and I think that may be what's pushing me toward the Skar

I've seen the CAB 1600.1 discussed in a few other other posts but honestly forgot about it. I've also seen all the hate on Skar Audio, should I be afraid of them? One of the shops I called swore by them. He said "I've sold every brand you could imagine in my 20+ years and Skar is hands down one of my favorites. They produce some of the highest quality products on the market and keep it affordable for us every day guys." I understand his shop pushes Skar and he wants to make a sale but at the same time, he was one of the nicest guys I've talked to and was the most helpful by far. Good customer service seems to be a thing of the past these days and I think that may be what's pushing me toward the Skar
You won't be happy with service AFTER the sale with Skar most likely though.
The cab will be most bang for buck. They do right around 1900 Watts

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Cab amp for sure... I3.5cubes for 2 12s is pretty darn small. Should have them in 4cubes-4.5cubes... if u didn't already buy the JL woofers look in the Cab 12s or the FU 12s or sundown audio SA 12s. JL is ok but over priced

You won't be happy with service AFTER the sale with Skar most likely though.
The cab will be most bang for buck. They do right around 1900 Watts

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
oh dude, bigdwiz got crazy numbers out of the cab on the dyno!! way more than 1900, but 1900 is pretty much guaranteed with proper electrical backing it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.