fuse holder and wires getting hott

Participant count
  • Participant list
I had a similar problem happening in my first ever audio build! I replaced my small 8AWG wire with a 4AWG wire and got matching fuses for the wire. Poof, never happened again.

had problem with 3 installs

example 1) 4awg 12+, (under passenger seat)mids amp 300 watt punch 8awg(power n ground), db drive 1500.1 4awg(power and ground), 2.6F capacitor. using distribution block 4awg also

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

150a midi fuse, highs amp 40a, bass amp 80a

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

I made a lot of money repairing fuse boxes that were destroyed from people taping into them. Pay once by doing it right. Do it wrong, the second...
It would be cheaper, it might be easier to find a place to mount it, and you would have a ton of options if you just do two, 3 slot fuse holders...
My bad, yes, I read them each as having two 4ohm coils. The JBL diagram left a bit to be desired, IMO. ;) And a double yes, thought U was talking...
I plan on getting the fuse to run as a front sub/midbass in my kick panels...I've heard they sound good but you definitely wont get mirror shaking...

About this thread

kapo4238

kapo4238
Miami, FL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
m.doza