furniture and sub enclosures combine... concept

joeldirt
10+ year member

Integrity
SO it's been a long time since I have nerded out on any enclosures, but I sure do miss it. I have a concept for a box that I think would be sick and I would like some feed back...

I would like to take a glassed box with its compound curves and aply exotic wood veneer in random tiles like a puzzle. Possibly african black wood, padouk, Wenge, Afromosia, etc. etc. I think the pictures of some of the work in Brians website can comunicate what I am talking about. http://www.briannewell.jp/ I think it would be nice to veneer the trim and panels in the car to match. Would be an expensive high end project, magazine worthy in my minds eye. Maybe I'll get the chance to do it some day.

For any of you stoners... This is off topic, but it's my latest piece. I call it "Remedy". It's a "Medicinal Cabinet with rolling tray and space for the water pipe, and other trinkets... Curly pearwood and quilted maple.

cabinetprogress3006.jpg

cabinetprogress3003.jpg

cabinetprogress3002.jpg

cabinetprogress2033.jpg

cabinetprogress2053.jpg

cabinetprogress2046.jpg

nice... i am doing a project with some curly maple pretty soon
Nice. Western Pacific maple is one of my favorite woods. Does my description of compound curve veneered boxes sound like it would be atractive? Or would it be too out there?

That is incredible. You sir have amazing skills.

I think your concept sounds amazing, I'd love to see it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.