SOLD FS: DIYMA sub motor assembly spider

phenryiv1
10+ year member

Custom user title
Posting for a friend. FS is a used 12" DIYMA sub. I believe it was SVC.

His email: njdrymalski at yahoo.com PLEASE EMAIL HIM FOR MORE INFO.

Something is wrong with it. Cone is beat up and due to being run on an underpowered amp, it makes a hell of a racket at the limits of excursion.

He just wants it gone. $35 plus shipping for what you see here.

Maybe it needs a recone, maybe more. The spider and motor assembly look good.

Picture008.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Posting for a friend. FS is a used 12" DIYMA sub. I believe it was SVC.
His email: njdrymalski at yahoo.com PLEASE EMAIL HIM FOR MORE INFO.

Something is wrong with it. Cone is beat up and due to being run on an underpowered amp, it makes a hell of a racket at the limits of excursion.
how does an underpowered amp beat a cone up.....

how does an underpowered amp beat a cone up.....
Reading > You

Note the presence of the word "and" to seperate those two issues.

I never said that the fact that it was underpowered caused cone damage. That was my buddy's dumbassedness.

Also bud, you can't sell something that isn't in your possession. So either get some pics with name and date or mods will bring the wrath of god!

Also bud, you can't sell something that isn't in your possession. So either get some pics with name and date or mods will bring the wrath of god!
No rule states that I have to do the ******* name and date photo. I've been on this site for 3+ years buying and selling things without the name/date crap. I am not about to start now. I posted pics, a price, and and email address. If a specific buyer wants a particular shot or view, I am sure that Nick will be happy to do it.

If he joined and his first post was a sale thread, people would want a blood test before sending money. I have a second set of photos if this sub and am vouching for the seller. I know him personally.

Look at my feedback on here and you can see I have a spotless sale/purchase record.

If you want date/name pics, email njdrymalski at yahoo.com PLEASE EMAIL HIM FOR MORE INFO.

That's not the amps fault. That is setting the amp wrong. Too little power will never hurt a sub.
Regardless of what is causing the mechanical noise, it has noise. My guess was that he pushed a puny amp into clipping and played it that way for too long, causing damage. I don't care if the noises were caused by angry rhinos.

The point was to be open and to disclose the fact that it had mechanical noises- not to perform a forensic analysis of the cause.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.