Front Stage Thread

Eggroll

RingsOfSaturn>your music
Clearly the search bar isn't working so forgive me if this has been posted before.

I have a 2013 Nissan Altima, and my front stage will consist of my:

1 - AVH - x4800bs (on the way)

1 - PPI 900.4

2 - VX4-ST Supertweeters. 4 ohm 300 rms

2 - PAX65 Speakers. 4 ohm 260rms

So here are my questions.

1) Is there any way for me to be able to wire the speakers and the tweets on 2ohms?

2) If so, on what channels and settings do I install it?

3) The 4800bs has a network mode, can I use this for my setup?

(Need to know how many rcas I need to purchase)

2_4ohm_svc_2ohm.gif

PPI 900.4 Manual (Pages 5-6)

http://precisionpower.com/html-version/manuals/PPI-Phantom-Amps.PDF

Pioneer AVH 3-Way Network Mode

He can't do that unless he plans on running four though. He won't have stereo separation that way.

To the OP there's no way you can run everything at 2ohms with the current setup you have. Yes you can use network mode. You'll just need two sets of RCAs. One for the front stage and one for the sub stage.

He can't do that unless he plans on running four though. He won't have stereo separation that way.
To the OP there's no way you can run everything at 2ohms with the current setup you have. Yes you can use network mode. You'll just need two sets of RCAs. One for the front stage and one for the sub stage.
I was afraid of that. It's alright if I have to wire them independently at 4ohm if I get to keep separation. Was only curious if I would be able to wire at 2 ohms

Wouldn't I need 3 sets of RCAs on network mode? A set for highs, a set for mids, and a set for substage?

Did you choose those components judging by the stated RMS ratings? 300rms tweeters no kidding huh //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

you need 1 set of rcas for 1 amplifier(duh) unless we're talking splitting the signal. your HU has 3 "preouts"/outputs/RCAs/whateveryouwannacallit for both your speakers and the sub. you're good in that department.

you'd need separate amps for mids and highs since each set of rcas coming out of the HU is gonna have different signal for mids, highs, lows..

Are you only planning 1 pair of mids? With that amp you could run another pair and since you're gonna be doing custom doors you might as well get another pair of same mids.

I was afraid of that. It's alright if I have to wire them independently at 4ohm if I get to keep separation. Was only curious if I would be able to wire at 2 ohms
Wouldn't I need 3 sets of RCAs on network mode? A set for highs, a set for mids, and a set for substage?
No, the outputs from the deck should be front/rear/sub. Unless you plan on running a rear stage you don't need to use the rear stage output. Send the front rcas to your front stage amp and the sub rcas to your sub amp.

Did you choose those components judging by the stated RMS ratings? 300rms tweeters no kidding huh //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
you need 1 set of rcas for 1 amplifier(duh) unless we're talking splitting the signal. your HU has 3 "preouts"/outputs/RCAs/whateveryouwannacallit for both your speakers and the sub. you're good in that department.

you'd need separate amps for mids and highs since each set of rcas coming out of the HU is gonna have different signal for mids, highs, lows..

Are you only planning 1 pair of mids? With that amp you could run another pair and since you're gonna be doing custom doors you might as well get another pair of same mids.
No, the outputs from the deck should be front/rear/sub. Unless you plan on running a rear stage you don't need to use the rear stage output. Send the front rcas to your front stage amp and the sub rcas to your sub amp.
In network mode, the 3 RCA pre-outs from the hu change. Front becomes High, Rear becomes Mid, and Subwoofer is still Substage.

The PPI has 2 RCA inputs, front and rear, which is why I asked if I could use network mode and set crossovers to each separate channel. (Tweets hooked up on front amp channels and mids hooked up on rear amp channels.)

The pax 6.5s fit perfectly in the stock housing (after deadening and customizing a bit), and the tweets will be fiberglassed onto the side panel pocket on an almost on-axis angle, held by fasteners, so no custom doors. Maybe in the future

^Watch the video I posted earlier about Pioneer's Network Mode

keep at 4 ohms, you arent gonna sound any better at 2 ohms. Infact, it'll sound like garbage. 4 ohms on that ppi with pro audio speakers will be MORE than loud enough. If you have trouble with the harshness, leave a big gap between crossover points. Usually have to cross super tweets at 8 or 10khz and mids at 2.5khz to 3.15khz and adjust slope accordingly in order to tame them. Thats a much bigger issue then loudness. Pro audio speakers is already guaranteed ear piercing tap out loud, main goal is to make it sound good.

keep at 4 ohms, you arent gonna sound any better at 2 ohms. Infact, it'll sound like garbage. 4 ohms on that ppi with pro audio speakers will be MORE than loud enough. If you have trouble with the harshness, leave a big gap between crossover points. Usually have to cross super tweets at 8 or 10khz and mids at 2.5khz to 3.15khz and adjust slope accordingly in order to tame them. Thats a much bigger issue then loudness. Pro audio speakers is already guaranteed ear piercing tap out loud, main goal is to make it sound good.
The manuals only show the PAX curve, not the tweets.

Skar%20PAX.jpg

The one on the top right

In network mode, the 3 RCA pre-outs from the hu change. Front becomes High, Rear becomes Mid, and Subwoofer is still Substage.
The PPI has 2 RCA inputs, front and rear, which is why I asked if I could use network mode and set crossovers to each separate channel. (Tweets hooked up on front amp channels and mids hooked up on rear amp channels.)

The pax 6.5s fit perfectly in the stock housing (after deadening and customizing a bit), and the tweets will be fiberglassed onto the side panel pocket on an almost on-axis angle, held by fasteners, so no custom doors. Maybe in the future

^Watch the video I posted earlier about Pioneer's Network Mode
You sure? I didn't see see anything about that in the manual.

Bottom line, I just want to know if I should use standard mode or network mode.

I HATE how the hu doesn't have a volume knob, and the steering wheel controls are already failing (prob because the overuse and the vibration). I'm 5'11" and this small sedan isn't friendly for me so I have to lean all the way back. I have long monkey arms but I still can't reach the hu without leaning forward alot.

Long story short: I want to buy a brick from CKB designs so I can control the main volume and bass gain next to my seat. Can't really do it in network mode but I wanna see what's best for my setup. Need to know how many RCAs I need to buy

Bottom line, I just want to know if I should use standard mode or network mode.
I HATE how the hu doesn't have a volume knob, and the steering wheel controls are already failing (prob because the overuse and the vibration). I'm 5'11" and this small sedan isn't friendly for me so I have to lean all the way back. I have long monkey arms but I still can't reach the hu without leaning forward alot.

Long story short: I want to buy a brick from CKB designs so I can control the main volume and bass gain next to my seat. Can't really do it in network mode but I wanna see what's best for my setup. Need to know how many RCAs I need to buy
In that case you could use the crossovers on the amp to go active and just run the HU in normal mode. You'll lose some of the advantages of network mode but it sounds like you care more about getting loud than finely tuned sq. I say go for it.

In that case you could use the crossovers on the amp to go active and just run the HU in normal mode. You'll lose some of the advantages of network mode but it sounds like you care more about getting loud than finely tuned sq. I say go for it.
Oh I love loud, but quality is also right up there

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.