Frequency for Focal ES165 KX2

Participant count
  • Participant list
The focals will play down nicely to 1500 the natural slope will enhance the higher xover level and by 1200 you will have a much higher slope.

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

Do you have any data to back this up?
Listening to them and understanding done design and dispertion.

No the phase is identical between 36 and 18. Same for 12 and 24.
do you want a big dip in the crossover or to play flat? Don't answer that

---------- Post added at 11:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

The focals will play down nicely to 1500 the natural slope will enhance the higher xover level and by 1200 you will have a much higher slope. 

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 PM ----------

Listening to them and understanding done design and dispertion.
Lol at 1500 they will be smoking. That's hard for a wide band tweeter. Hell mine start stressing at 1800

For a 2 way you ideally want a tweeter to cover down low enough to keep the mid range from beaming. They can't do it. A lot of that Focal brightness isn't so much the tweeter. It's the big spike in the mid from playing higher then it should. A 6.5 should be cut off under 2000hz if all possible.
Oh. Well I have 4" midrange speakers with 6.5" midbass speakers so I guess I don't have that issue.

I'm not sure i would want to play a tweeter below 3k regardless. Seems like it would distort like crazy with any significant power to it and would likely blow regardless of the manufacturer.

Oh. Well I have 4" midrange speakers with 6.5" midbass speakers so I guess I don't have that issue.

I'm not sure i would want to play a tweeter below 3k regardless. Seems like it would distort like crazy with any significant power to it and would likely blow regardless of the manufacturer.
The one you started this thread about is a 2 way. If you have a 3 way it's more complicated.

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

My 1.25 silks are crossed at 2500 with a 12db octave slop. Mids are crossed at 1.6 12db octave slope. Fr is fine. Oh wait the chamber isn't big enough. Kmsl.
The Focals are 1in. 1.25 can play lower.

Show me your rta. Ill make my system match your curve.
I use the Harmon curve. You will need a real RTA to match it. Not a phone app. And you will also need independent EQ which I don't think you have.

Btw op you should have a RTA. That helix has power. To use it right you have to measure. That will also help assign crossover points. I can link a video series to guide you.

Still no rta. Still no proof of anything. Not even a video.Thats being said op. Try a few of the duscussed slopes and frequencies.
I used a AC unit. And REW. I don't need a pic. Its the Harmon curve. I'm sure you can google it. I used it with the Bit 1 and it's the base tune for the MS-8.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.