Frequency for Focal ES165 KX2

Participant count
  • Participant list
The one you started this thread about is a 2 way. If you have a 3 way it's more complicated. 

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

The Focals are 1in. 1.25 can play lower.
I didn't start this thread.

Ah. The big chamber 28mm don't have issues playing 2.5k. The good ones can do 2250 easily.
Hmm. Interesting. I just never crossed tweets over below 2.8 before and most above 3. Then again, I've always recommended a 3 way set up with 4" or 5.25" for mids and 6.5 to 8" for midbass. Nothing beats a properly tuned and designed 3 way set up IMO. That's not to say some two way set ups can't be good, just always preferred the sound of a good 3 way.

Hmm. Interesting. I just never crossed tweets over below 2.8 before and most above 3. Then again, I've always recommended a 3 way set up with 4" or 5.25" for mids and 6.5 to 8" for midbass. Nothing beats a properly tuned and designed 3 way set up IMO. That's not to say some two way set ups can't be good, just always preferred the sound of a good 3 way.
A decent 3 way setup right will normally always win. But they have to be right. I had a solid 3 way in the last car with a killer ZR800 mid bass. TBH I'm just as happy now because I didn't have to modify the car to make it work. Those 8s took a lot of work. But I also had a way bigger sub stage then so it was needed

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.