Freakin busted sub.

cotjones
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
I have a 10W6v2 that a long time ago when screwing the thing into the box, the drill slipped and put a tiny hole in the surround. It was barely visible so i didn't think much of it.

Over the years it's formed into a pretty large crack and I just noticed the other day its now about a centimeter and more little cracks are forming. This NO GOOD.

I have another one laying around that was blown a long time ago. Do ya think it would be satisfactory to cut out the required area to cover the damaged section from the spare and super glue it over like a patch? How would you repair it. I can't use the entire surround from the spare because part of it was damaged from storage.

this is why I dont use drills when I screw subs in

But I have seen butyl rubber silicone before and I think butyl rubber is what the surround of some subs is made out of so that could work well for you

this is why I dont use drills when I screw subs in
But I have seen butyl rubber silicone before and I think butyl rubber is what the surround of some subs is made out of so that could work well for you
Well the W6 surround is actually made of a kind of foam. It's a little chinsy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.