Modelled some Subs in WinISD

Participant count
  • Participant list

travicles
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Louisiana
Ok, so I was going to get 2 SA-8's, but the preorder ended. So I have been looking at some 10 inch subs that can handle 1500 watts. In the picture below is a SPL vs Frequency graph. By taking reference of the waveforms at 50 Hz, the top is the SSA Icon. Middle is Fi Q. Bottom is Fi BL. They are all being modelled in a 1.5 cube box @ 32 Hz powered by 1500 watts. (a little big probably) Basically, I am a little confused by the results. Isn't the BL supposed to be the loudest of all? I know this is just a program and not real life, but shouldn't it still be on top? It seems to me that the SSA Icon actually models the best. What differences can I expect from these subs in a real life setting? Also, what other 1500 watt subwoofers should I look at in the ~300 dollar price range?

33uvkw2.jpg

WinISD does not work to model subs. Very inaccurate. Also, just because 1 sub outperforms another in 1 certain box doesn't mean much. I would go with a design from someone on the site to get the best results from whatever sub you decide to pick.

WinISD does not work to model subs. Very inaccurate. Also, just because 1 sub outperforms another in 1 certain box doesn't mean much. I would go with a design from someone on the site to get the best results from whatever sub you decide to pick.
Interesting, I always thought it could be used as a baseline comparison, but I do hear mixed reviews on it. I still found it strange though as the FI Q actually yielded higher output than the FI Bl which is touted as louder. Also, I guess you're probably right about getting a legit design. It sucks though, because I can do my own design so easily lol (and for free)

Interesting, I always thought it could be used as a baseline comparison, but I do hear mixed reviews on it. I still found it strange though as the FI Q actually yielded higher output than the FI Bl which is touted as louder. Also, I guess you're probably right about getting a legit design. It sucks though, because I can do my own design so easily lol (and for free)
My opinion is that if your going to spend so much money on the subs, amp, and wiring that an extra 10 or 20 bucks really isn't too much for a design that you can feel confident with.

Good point. If I am going to get a design, Mobile Enclosures is the most appealing as he requires measurements of your vehicle when he designs a box. I'm not too sure what he does with the measurements, but it makes it seem like he knows what he's doing.

Winisd can be very misleading.
You are going to be happy with any of those woofers.
I guess I may jump on the FI Q bandwagon then if there is a bandwagon lol. They're just so sexy. I know their recommended box size is 1.2 @ 32 Hz, but I was thinking of doing something like 1.4 @ 32 Hz for some added efficiency. This will be with the cooling package and with 1500 watts. Does this sound feasible?

Hmm I guess it depends on your definition of low which I think you mean pretty low lol. I don't think I play too many low songs really. White girls @ 32 hz. Faded by Tyga peaks @ 34 Hz. Not too low at all I guess.

I think as far as tuning and figuring out port length for a given enclosure volume win isd will get you close enough in most cases but like was mentioned earlier I would not rely on the frequency response graphs. They mean little anyway as things will be totally different in your truck/car

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.