Found My Next Head Unit: Alpine iDA-X001

What you will start to see in a few years is HDCD's, Which as you know HDDVD's can hold 40gigs of information.
HDCD is an encode/decode process which is used with CDs and has NOTHING to do with HD-DVD. Just an FYI.

HDCD has been around since '95. It was an attempt by audiophiles to improve the sound of CD while retaining backward compatibility with ALL cd players.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDCD

I didnt know that, but i still think it sounds like a good idea with new technology and easier ways to transfer music. Or be able to remove the harddrive and have it connect to your pc with a hdmi or usb and be able to load movies, and music on it that way. whatcha think bout that? cause it IS possible

I didnt know that, but i still think it sounds like a good idea with new technology and easier ways to transfer music. Or be able to remove the harddrive and have it connect to your pc with a hdmi or usb and be able to load movies, and music on it that way. whatcha think bout that? cause it IS possible
Well, anything is possible with enough storage space on disk. The thing is, will the mfgs make something like that?? If they don't see a need or demand for it they won't make it. Sad but true.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.