Fixed the image and need advise please!

Participant count
  • Participant list
Think so? I was considering doing a divider wall between the sub and the port to direct the air properly. I figure I can add it later if i have to... I will try it first the way it is. It has really good resonance though, I don't think the tuning is going to be off but I will test and then tune it up later. I silicon-d the front baffle instead of gluing it so I can come back later to fix any little defects. Hopefully it works ok.

Looks like The Underground sub is coming along nicely, he just sent me a couple pics! The best part is its only 5.75" deep! Just right for my box! Custom Baby...

CIMG1664.jpg

CIMG1665.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
not a fan of the port bro..... could cause really im proper loading capabilities on the sub.....
I don't know, I really don't think it will be a problem. If you think about it, air pressure in and enclosed space is linear, ALWAYS its a law of physics. If you add pressure to a space (sub compressing back) you add that same pressure to the whole space not just the part closest to the sub, then the vent will do its thing. It should be fine but I will find out soon enough sub should be here in about 4-5 days I figure.

Well, I got the box fitted in the truck and devised the method to move the seat forward the 1" I needed to get the fit. Obviously I normally have the seat down so I am not concerned with the sound when the seat is folded up and blocking the port. I may flip the box over to make it so its not blocked by the seat but then it may be obscured a bit by the brackets for the seat so I most likely will not. I never have the seats up anyway as I bring my dogs around all the time..

0327001759.jpg

0327001759b.jpg

0327001829.jpg

0327001829a.jpg

Got the sub installed and amps finished wired up, just need to break in the sub and see what she will do! Then it all comes apart for final finish work and carpet!

I will post pics tonight of the install thus far. For what its worth, I might be selling these in a slightly modified version for you fellow crew cab guys that want to retain your seats and still have some kickin bumps! I am VERY pleased so far, its actually louder than my previous setup of 6 cheaper 10's with 2200 watts sealed!!

Got a bit more done, got the sub out again, carpeted the box and reinstalled it, LOVIN the sounds, this little guy slams for what it is, I am getting 130DB on my little meter, not a TL by any means but at least close, it was within a couple DB of the TL last time I compared it. Here is a few Pics...

downsized_0410001756.jpg

downsized_0410001850a.jpg

0410001943.jpg

I just turned it up a bit on a good song, Get LOW by Luda, DAM this little bugger flexes the roof like crazy! I need to get a vid of it, like an inch up and down with the naked eye! Bangin little setup!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.