Fixed the image and need advise please!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Fuknmovin
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
I am looking at downsizing and doing a sub forward/port forward box for behind the rear seat in my truck for a single 10" sub. This pic is minus the front baffle but you get the point. I need to know weather I figured the port length right and what the tuning will be the dimensions are all there but the box is 15" tall outside dim. with a port of 5.5X5" inside dim. Anybody want to figure it for me? I was shooting for about 38Hz how close did I get?

Thanks!

Untitled.jpg

I wouldnt feel comfortable with that port design but,im no expert.
Why do you say that? I have to turn it like that because I need the width to get the proper volume and if I don't turn it forwarde, it won't have enough breathing room, it will be blocked by the side of the truck....

The deisgn lends itself to be fairly ridgid, however I would add a brace between the front and back panels about halfway beweeen the port and the sub.

I personally would like to see the port a little shorter, but that would mean making the size of the port smaller or tuning slghtly higher if you don't want to change the volume of the box.

But that is a small issue, I think it will be fine

Yeah, you might get some of that "dead space" effect by having a long skinny section of the box that's supposed to count as box volume. Might lower the perceived volume and raise tuning.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.