Fixed the image and need advise please!

Participant count
  • Participant list
Here's what I got.

56x15x7

2.35ft^3

-.53ft^3 for port

-.12 for sub(just guessing, and for simplicity)

-------------------------

1.7ft^3 net.

1.7ft^3 with a 5.5"x5" port 29" long gives you roughly a 35hz tuning.

Here is the beginning, I got most of the work done but I realized my jigsaw was at work!!

0321001203.jpg

downsized_0321001524.jpg

0321001524a.jpg

0321001608a.jpg

0321001608.jpg

This should be a fun box, I am liking the idea of not having 4400 watts, I am more interested in doing a lot with a little now, seems more of a challenge, I had 150db at the headrest with a 15 in a 6th order, now I would like to get 130 with a single 10, I would be happy with that! I need a better sub first though, my measly MA is gonna have a tough time, but I will make it take 500 all day! not the 300 its rated for, I DO have 5 other backups LOL!

Anybody want a HUGE amp? True 4000 watts, measured it myself!

Anybody got any ideas for a good power handling sub to fit this box? I was looking at the FI SSD, it seems like it will fit and should take 1000rms all day right? I am sure the MA sub will not live too long, as I like to turn it up...Anybody want to trade MY MA 4400 watt amp for a nice 10 that will fit in here and a decent (like Hifonics grade) 1000 watt amp?

I used to use those purple labeled screws but had too many instances where I'd strip through the MD because the windings wouldn't grip good enough...ever have that issue?

Anybody got any ideas for a good power handling sub to fit this box? I was looking at the FI SSD, it seems like it will fit and should take 1000rms all day right? I am sure the MA sub will not live too long, as I like to turn it up...Anybody want to trade MY MA 4400 watt amp for a nice 10 that will fit in here and a decent (like Hifonics grade) 1000 watt amp?
What kind of budget are you working with?

That would have been good but this truck hates port up for some reason, been there done that....

As for the screws, you just pre-drill them with a 1/8" bit and they work great!

As for the screws, you just pre-drill them with a 1/8" bit and they work great!
I predrilled too and they just didn't grab in some cases...couldn't figure it out. Only use coarse thread drywall screws now.

Less is better, but I want a decent one...
The SSD is probably a good choice. Maybe an IA Lethal Injection or a DD 2500.

So, do you think, this brace here will stop it from not seeing the true volume of the box? I don't want to go through all this and have it **** a$$.

Behindseatboxbrace.jpg

Where did my helpers go? I just spotted the 1008b from DD does anybody know how these do? I can fit two in my box, they might sound killer I think!

Last edited by a moderator:
That box would be good for a pair of 8's like that. And I wouldn't go with that brace, do something that isn't intrusive and won't affect air flow...like a wooden dowel.

OK I was trying to keep the dead space from doing something weird.. Do you know of any adhesive I could use for the front baffle that will still come off later so I can just make a new baffle when I get the 8's??

OK I was trying to keep the dead space from doing something weird.. Do you know of any adhesive I could use for the front baffle that will still come off later so I can just make a new baffle when I get the 8's??
I've used silicon in a situation like that. Creates a good seal and you can use a knife to cut it loose once you get the new subs. Just be sure to use enough screws so that everything is tight since you don't have the strong adhesive properties with silicon.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.