First subwoofer, reasonable setup under 500?

Yeah I mean who cares what a owner has done in the past! Yep let's just forget the past and keep giving him money yep that is the way to go! And yes I've seen Skarbage Subwoofers in person it is cheaper components while trying to copy others. Trust me I am not the only one here who feels this way or on other forums. I don't do business with people like that. Kinda like DS as well. Nope not gonna happen. The only thing that is worth a damn from him are the amplifiers and those are the standard cookie cutter Chinese amplifiers that a lot of people use and yes they make the rated power but nope still wouldn't give that guy a dime of my money nor would a ton of other people.

Skar isn't the worst but I'm personally not a fan

The whole company is an oxymoron. They advertise there subs as "SPL daily street beaters" but they use cheap soft parts that shred under heavy usage/wattage

There amplifiers are advertised as "highoutput for cheap price" but the demographic there targeting price wise isn't dropping money in electrical to see true power (result is fried capacitors, clipping, and high distortion).

I'd rather get a lower wattage sub and lower wattage amp from a different company if the ensuing result is better sound quality and higher reliablity

And yes I've seen Skarbage Subwoofers in person it is cheaper components while trying to copy others.
That's another issue. They actually don't own any signfinant patents or designs, they basically just try to copy others for as cheap as possible.

I have heard all the horror stories. But for all I know everyone of the owners of car audio could be a$$holes. If they make a good product, I'm gonna try it.

I'll tell you one of my stories. I bought a Skar RP350.1 for my daughters car to run a single 10. It was a refurbished unit off ebay from Skar. The unit came in dead on arrival. I thought, man I'm gonna get screwed cause I have heard all the horror stories. Plus it was past the 90 day return policy they had on ebay. I contacted them and they asked me if I had tried another amp. Which I had and it worked perfect. They sent me a brand new RP350.1 and just had me send back the refurb.
I hooked up a Skar IX12 in a friends car running off a RP350.1. Within a couple weeks he blew it. He admitted he messed with the gains and wanted the sub louder. Again, I contacted customer service and they sent me a new sub and just had me send the old one back.
I don't care about the horror stories, they have been great with me.

There are people who don't like Down 4 Sound and American Bass on here as well. I bought stuff from Down 4 Sound yesterday and will be running American Bass subs in my vehicle. If you want to run Skar, go ahead, it's your vehicle and your money. Run what you want. This particular site just doesn't like Skar for various reasons.

There are people who don't like Down 4 Sound and American Bass on here as well. I bought stuff from Down 4 Sound yesterday and will be running American Bass subs in my vehicle.
That's completely different though. Nobody hates the customer service or owners of either they just don't prefer there product line for there specific needs. Bob Ahuja of American Bass is one of the most passionate, hard working, and loyal owners of any business. He's one of the top 5 most respected owners in car audio

That's completely different though. Nobody hates the customer service or owners of either they just don't prefer there product line for there specific needs. Bob Ahuja of American Bass is one of the most passionate, hard working, and loyal owners of any business. He's one of the top 5 most respected owners in car audio

But yet I have had an issue with Bob in the past. Had a dealer order a set of subs for me from Bob. These were supposed to be built and sent to me. I needed them for an upcoming competition. When my dealer called them back, Bob became angry with the dealer for calling on my behalf and stated he would send the subs without warranty. Of course, I cancelled my order.
But I don't bad mouth Bob. I still like AB. The subs, not the amps. I still recommend AB for the right setup.

People on here don't like American Bass because of their name, American, but they are made in China. And, people on here have said that, "they would rather put their Dikk in an electrical outlet than give that pedo Justin from Down 4 Sound any money!" Just sayin

People on here don't like American Bass because of their name, American, but they are made in China. And, people on here have said that, "they would rather put their Dikk in an electrical outlet than give that pedo Justin from Down 4 Sound any money!" Just sayin

You are the one who didn't like Down 4 Sound IIRC. And, I've gotten into it with a couple of people who don't like American Bass because of their name. I don’t know what the dislike was for.

Your god damn right I don't support pedophiles. Sad you don't give a ****. No one has morals anymore. It's so fucking pathetic.

Your god damn right I don't support pedophiles. Sad you don't give a ****. No one has morals anymore. It's so fucking pathetic.

I've asked people around here who know him and they've never heard anything like that about him. Is there any proof of this anywhere? I don't want to support anybody like that, if it's true. I thought it was creepy that they asked me if I wanted Justin's autograph on my amp or alternator.

Yeah completely different though.

"I don't like the name american bass" and "justin is nice to young females at car shows so he must be a pedophile" is completely different then selling B stock as A stock, stiffing buildhouses, stiffing dealers, and taking other companies pre-sale priced items and selling them at full price

People actually legitimately hate Skar for fair reasons.

Yeah completely different though.

"I don't like the name american bass" and "justin is nice to young females at car shows so he must be a pedophile" is completely different then selling B stock as A stock, stiffing buildhouses, stiffing dealers, and taking other companies pre-sale priced items and selling them at full price

People actually legitimately hate Skar for fair reasons.

So, being a pedo is the worst thing that you mentioned by far. Or, are you saying the pedo thing isn't a "fair" reason? And, why the fukk would I want Justin's autograph on my alternator. That's just fugking weird.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.