First subwoofer, reasonable setup under 500?

$500 for the whole setup or just the sub? What’s your goal? SQ or SPL? Sealed or Ported? What vehicle? What amp?
$500 for the whole setups, tryna get something that hits hard, not sure what SQ and SPL are, I’m very new to this. Ported box, 2001 Dodge Ram , planning to put the box in the middle of the back seat, not sure what amp yet, need help deciding.

$500 for the whole setups, tryna get something that hits hard, not sure what SQ and SPL are, I’m very new to this. Ported box, 2001 Dodge Ram , planning to put the box in the middle of the back seat, not sure what amp yet, need help deciding.

So, you have a crew cab Dodge and the box is going to sit on the back seat? Just double checking.

It’s an extended cab, and yes I’m planning on the box sitting in the middle of the back seat.

Two of these subs, box, and amp. You'll have to stand the box up. A pre-built box isn't ideal, but will work. I will probably catch shitt from people in here for saying that.

Screenshot_20210119-072843_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210119-073005_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210119-073125_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Also stay away from Skar garbage and not too mention the owner.

Do you actually have any 1st hand experience or are you just going off what you read on the internet. I have 1st hand experience with Skar Audio. Their products are solid. Amps do rated and their subs are solid. And their customer service has been top notch. Who cares what the owner has done in his past.

Do you actually have any 1st hand experience or are you just going off what you read on the internet. I have 1st hand experience with Skar Audio. Their products are solid. Amps do rated and their subs are solid. And their customer service has been top notch. Who cares what the owner has done in his past.

It's a long story. He has done some people wrong in here and he basically tries to copy Sundown.

It's a long story. He has done some people wrong in here and he basically tries to copy Sundown.

I have heard all the horror stories. But for all I know everyone of the owners of car audio could be a$$holes. If they make a good product, I'm gonna try it.

I'll tell you one of my stories. I bought a Skar RP350.1 for my daughters car to run a single 10. It was a refurbished unit off ebay from Skar. The unit came in dead on arrival. I thought, man I'm gonna get screwed cause I have heard all the horror stories. Plus it was past the 90 day return policy they had on ebay. I contacted them and they asked me if I had tried another amp. Which I had and it worked perfect. They sent me a brand new RP350.1 and just had me send back the refurb.
I hooked up a Skar IX12 in a friends car running off a RP350.1. Within a couple weeks he blew it. He admitted he messed with the gains and wanted the sub louder. Again, I contacted customer service and they sent me a new sub and just had me send the old one back.
I don't care about the horror stories, they have been great with me.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.