First Ever Box Build: 4 DD 1508's

man dont make a nice setup look bad by running the wires out the port =/ come on man, you can do better //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Also you need a better headunit. Look at one of the pioneer top end models, or a alpine unit, i got a 9883 unit and it fixed the skipping i had on my old HU. A cushion won't do anything, you need a better unit.

I got the top model panasonic and i figured it wouldnt skip at all. I had an alpine 9851 and it never skipped ever with the bass. I've heard of the skipping is because the headunit is vibrating too much and people have said it helps to open it up and cushion it so it doesn't vibrate. And yea i have a terminal cup sitting right next to me but just didnt feel like puttin it on. I will get to it soon when i go to carpet or paint.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif Good work bud, how much u pay for those 1508's? Im lookin to get me a couple.

One way to stop skipping is get a deck that will let you hook up an iPod or other MP3 player to it. That way you don't have to constantly burn/buy CDs and everything is in one place. I went that route and haven't had a problem since.

That set-up looks awesome, too, by the way

One way to stop skipping is get a deck that will let you hook up an iPod or other MP3 player to it. That way you don't have to constantly burn/buy CDs and everything is in one place. I went that route and haven't had a problem since.
That set-up looks awesome, too, by the way
Yea i have the ipod hook up for this head unit. But the bass just doesn't seem as loud as it is from the cd. I have to turn the volume up higher than i do for a cd for it to be loud. Its not distorting or anything i just have to turn it up higher. I'm thinkin about puttin my test tones on my ipod and then when i get ahold of a dmm then i'll set the gains from my ipod so it will be good for when i use my ipod.

Vids... nice build.
Isnt that a big jump for a first build 4 DD's?

o well skip straight to the good stuff right?

its cool im 17 as well. nice build again
Thank you. Yea i guess you could say it might be a little more difficult than just a box for one sub but it really wasn't too hard at all. All it takes is a little time and patience. I don't wanna go too big for my setup because i will be goin off to college next year and im just gonna wait to go real big after i get outta college.

sweet build brother.
real sweet.

screw that amp to something.
Thanks. Amp is screwed down to the floor at the moment because i have wood underneath the carpet so it is screwed down to that. When i get some time i will be making an amp rack that sits on top of the box.

The way i stopped my headunit from skipping was to place some kind of support under the back of the headunit.

Also, I would have ran the speaker wire through a small hole drilled in the back and caulked over. Kinda my pet pieve. Great equiptment/box though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.