First competition questions

You should try and get your hands on a Synergy wfo 15.1 ... awesome underrated 1500 watt amp. Then you could drop down to the 0-1500 novice class, and probably have the same power you do now... OH, and did somebody mention,... GET A METER, and test,test,test ...??? lol ...

JeffDaChef

Hispls

I think I want to just go bigger... I was looking at the FU-2000 SPL series 18s, but I don't know what kinda amp would be ok for them. I have $1500 and was thinking 2 FU 2000spls and 2x SoundQubed S1-2250, which would come out to $1400, but idk if I could use the same box my 750s are in and I know I'll need probably another $200 worth of wire.. but I think that would get me over 155...

Bit optimistic? Lol idk, but I know I need to do more than just swap out for that stuff. Probably just work on getting my interior good and solid to be able to take more and get my electrical a bit more beefy to be able to handle and upgrade like that then think about what to upgrade too.

Caravans are extremely loud. They are the current ss nw boner in the USA right now.

Its just about being purpose built for a class more than anything. I can do 156 in novice 1500-3000, and i dont even care or test for usaci. But my build is very dialed in for db drag. Before you buy or change anything, decide which class you want to run, and build around those rules.

2 18s on a 2k should break 150 kick in its sleep. Especially in a caravan

JeffDaChefHispls

I think I want to just go bigger... I was looking at the FU-2000 SPL series 18s, but I don't know what kinda amp would be ok for them. I have $1500 and was thinking 2 FU 2000spls and 2x SoundQubed S1-2250, which would come out to $1400, but idk if I could use the same box my 750s are in and I know I'll need probably another $200 worth of wire.. but I think that would get me over 155...
it wont sorry to say. Its an uphill battle to get loud dude. Your current goal is to learn how to get loud with what you have. Break 150 db with your current setup first before you start swapping gear out like underwear. By then you'll have proper knowledge on how to get loud then when you actually do swap out, you wont be disappointed. Dont be like my loser friend that got high dollar everything that only broke a 151 db and didnt know why. Really learn how to get the most output out of your current setup, keep in the lower classes and take home some first place prizes first.

For you, build around the 0-1500 class because you'll just get slaughtered in the 1500-3000 or any class higher.

Bit optimistic? Lol idk, but I know I need to do more than just swap out for that stuff. Probably just work on getting my interior good and solid to be able to take more and get my electrical a bit more beefy to be able to handle and upgrade like that then think about what to upgrade too.
Again, Just do enough without having the judge put you into a higher class. The name of the game is to be a middle weight boxer fighting featherweights. You have that advantage of a big van and lots of cone area, abuse it.

Box Positioning, port adjustments and overall box experimentation will be the key to get 150db. Dont stick in the 1500-3000 class, not until you dominate the 0-1500 first. Thats my key advice for you. Slowly work your way up, doing a big jump without a good competing knowledge foundation is just a recipe for disaster and disappointment.

However if you are just upgrading for yourself and dont care about the competition then go right ahead. Just dont expect to do well against actual competitors.

it wont sorry to say. Its an uphill battle to get loud dude. Your current goal is to learn how to get loud with what you have. Break 150 db with your current setup first before you start swapping gear out like underwear. By then you'll have proper knowledge on how to get loud then when you actually do swap out, you wont be disappointed. Dont be like my loser friend that got high dollar everything that only broke a 151 db and didnt know why. Really learn how to get the most output out of your current setup, keep in the lower classes and take home some first place prizes first.
For you, build around the 0-1500 class because you'll just get slaughtered in the 1500-3000 or any class higher.

Again, Just do enough without having the judge put you into a higher class. The name of the game is to be a middle weight boxer fighting featherweights. You have that advantage of a big van and lots of cone area, abuse it.

Box Positioning, port adjustments and overall box experimentation will be the key to get 150db. Dont stick in the 1500-3000 class, not until you dominate the 0-1500 first. Thats my key advice for you. Slowly work your way up, doing a big jump without a good competing knowledge foundation is just a recipe for disaster and disappointment.

However if you are just upgrading for yourself and dont care about the competition then go right ahead. Just dont expect to do well against actual competitors.
For the most part it's really just to have fun and be loud. I had fun competing, but there isn't enough comps near me for it to be all about that. This van is my daily driver. Also I was reading the rules and I don't see any class lower than 1500-3k, come to think of it when I circled the event I wanted to run in it was the lowest one. But I think your are right to hold off on upgrading, atleast until I am more ready ya know like with a meter, got my current stuff to it's loudest, finish doing what I want to do to the interior. I'm imaging Car Audio to be like building horse power, the higher you get, the amount of money to gain numbers becomes exponential. I had a 77 Econoline running mid 13s in the quarter when I was younger, me and my dad built it.

Edit: Not too bad tho considering when I joined in Sept my van was packed with Dual and Pyle thinking I was loud lol I see why y'all gave me so much **** back then.

For the most part it's really just to have fun and be loud. I had fun competing, but there isn't enough comps near me for it to be all about that. This van is my daily driver. Also I was reading the rules and I don't see any class lower than 1500-3k, come to think of it when I circled the event I wanted to run in it was the lowest one. But I think your are right to hold off on upgrading, atleast until I am more ready ya know like with a meter, got my current stuff to it's loudest, finish doing what I want to do to the interior. I'm imaging Car Audio to be like building horse power, the higher you get, the amount of money to gain numbers becomes exponential. I had a 77 Econoline running mid 13s in the quarter when I was younger, me and my dad built it.
Edit: Not too bad tho considering when I joined in Sept my van was packed with Dual and Pyle thinking I was loud lol I see why y'all gave me so much **** back then.
Its cool if its just for personal enjoyment, go as big as you want.

this is right there in the rulebook.

Ukrpc9.jpg

Bit optimistic?
You'll see

2 18s on a 2k should break 150 kick in its sleep. Especially in a caravan
I think OP intends to be able to play music as well. Also from what I've been told Caravan windshields are good up beyond 170. If I ever come into some money for a dedicated SPL build I was leaning that direction myself.

Even a music build should do 150. My 2 12s in music box did 150 outlaw around 1500w clamped in my blazer. But I also have a few years of testing in my blazer opposed to a newer competitor.

I know the Cara windows will holdup to upper 160s. 170+ will be a crapshoot for any vehicle. Small differences like how weathered the gasket is will come into play. But its a great platform. They can be found dirt cheap too

You'll see

I think OP intends to be able to play music as well. Also from what I've been told Caravan windshields are good up beyond 170. If I ever come into some money for a dedicated SPL build I was leaning that direction myself.
I get what your saying bro, tho it's not exactly 10 dB. I'm ordering a meter tonight, bet j can get over 150 in a few days just tuning and moving stuff around. And even at what I'm at, I had a rock chip in my window and the 18s spread that crack across my while window the first day I hooked them up. And a new recent rock chip made my windshield alot worse since the comp, (got chipped the day of comp). And I got my van cuz it was cheap... $200 bucks for a 132,000 miles. They thought it had a bad head but it was just a bad valve guide seal. But t was rear ended pretty severely at one point and it's not exactly square anymore altho it doesn't look like it was wrecked you can tell from the body, door, and hood gaps. But yea it's mostly for music and my own enjoyment

IF you end up wanting to stay in novice, id swap to a Crossfire c7 1.5k so that you can run 0-1500. If youd like to stay in 1500-3000, get a c7 3k.

The 1.5 is a 2500w board. The 3k is a 5k board.

I dont even really gain in kick because im optimized for sealed. That daily box would break 150 sealed around 22 or 2300w.

Currently on 2 15s, i can break 150 sealed on 1k clamp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.