first comp with my dc audio subs

I take it back then just build another box 5 hertz higher and go for broke.
I wasn't trying to be a jerk. Just saying you can't throw in a sealed box and base it off that. Actually your suggestion is probably the most feasible for the OP. Thats what I would do.

1. You fail at spelling.
2. You shouldn't, he can probably do that all day. Congrats, you can do what most of the people on this forum can do by running 148+ with a few 10's/12's. He also did it at 35 hz. And I would put money on it that he could do that all day.
Money says he didnt do it at 35hz

Yea, I think it's the best way for regular guys like us that don't have much along the lines of testing equipment or tons of knowledge.

I've been wanting to try aero ports and cutting off a little bit at a time til it peaks like I have read about. But haven't got around to it yet.

Yea, I think it's the best way for regular guys like us that don't have much along the lines of testing equipment or tons of knowledge.
I've been wanting to try aero ports and cutting off a little bit at a time til it peaks like I have read about. But haven't got around to it yet.
That's how most guys do it. Then play with box size and port area. It gets to be such a long process, and a lot of wood lol.

why would u say that, wenn do wenst designed the box. its like 7 cu ft after port displacement tuned at 35hz that what i was told how do i prove it to u sir.
Just because the box is tuned there it doesn't mean that's your peak. I've had boxes built to 35-37 and peaked at 48-50 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif Its weird but it happens, there are tons of factors that contribute to it.

Seems like the AC 160 mic, this is from the build log that the OP posted about the guy who beat him -----

comp today, AC mic. i won the 3rd class with a 154.2 sealed on the dash at 44hz. then i won outlaw and my first run i maxxed out the meter and it maxed at 160 db. we saw 160.4 then it flatlinned, so they had me go agian after they adjusted somting and i pulled a 156.7 in the kick fanning drivers side door. I was loudest at show by far. closest other compediter was 149.4 and he had 2 lvl 4's 15" on a sundown 3k and that was sealled, and then on outlaw closest was like 150.6. and they all was 6" from port, there was only one other person that fanned door so i mean, noobs.

Seems like they adjusted the K-factor on the Mic, pretty sure the AC 190 goes up to 190dbs also. If its the AC160 the mic is WAY off of the TL and can be adjusted so u can get louder scores by simply tuning a knob.

why would u say that, wenn do wenst designed the box. its like 7 cu ft after port displacement tuned at 35hz that what i was told how do i prove it to u sir.
I think he missed the part that says you were playing music and not doing a 35 hz tone. Box tuning doesn't mean thats what he was playing.

Edit: I'm running my old trunk box (subs up port up) in my crx right now and it's tuned to like 60ish? I think.

My car is loudest with that box at 54 tones and I have 2 12's and 2 1000 watt amps and do 150 on that mic.

That's how most guys do it. Then play with box size and port area. It gets to be such a long process, and a lot of wood lol.

Just because the box is tuned there it doesn't mean that's your peak. I've had boxes built to 35-37 and peaked at 48-50 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif Its weird but it happens, there are tons of factors that contribute to it.
i see i thought he meant the box wasnt tune to 35hz sorry

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.