first comp with my dc audio subs

scfaust
10+ year member

i did my first comp with this set up i was consistant hiting 149s the highest was 149.5 the lowest was 149.3 i took second first whent to

bills http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/boa...=420&start=420 who hit i think 155 but i dont feel bad i have 2 15 on 1 sundown 3000 with 2 powermaster batts my box is tuned at 35hz he has 2 level 5 with 4 amps totaling 8000 watts and thay r under rated with 6 of the biggest kinetik batts oh i did sealed with music he did sealed with tones if it makes a difrence

i was told AC mic how big of a diffrence will i see on a tl also if i built a new box same size but tune it to 40hz insted of 35hz???
it was on an AC?

nvm, i retract my previous statement. Its gonna make a big difference once you get on a TL

I seen a drop of 5 decibels going from ac to termlab.

As far as tuning goes pull out the box you have now and throw in a single sub in a sealed box and meter tones to see what you rig's frequency is. Then play around with about 5 or 6 hertz lower for spl. May or may not sound like ass but with good box and port size it will be loud.

I seen a drop of 5 decibels going from ac to termlab.
As far as tuning goes pull out the box you have now and throw in a single sub in a sealed box and meter tones to see what you rig's frequency is. Then play around with about 5 or 6 hertz lower for spl. May or may not sound like ass but with good box and port size it will be loud.
Just because its sealed doesn't mean its getting the RF of the vehicle. Its still getting it on the box. It will take multiple sealed boxes at different sizes to see what the vehicles resonant frequency is.

if it's the AC190 then it could be VERY close. We metered on an AC a few weeks ago and then on a TL and the AC was .1 higher and the TL was after numerous demo's, so they might have been exact on fully charged batts...

But I've heard the 160 is WAY off and the local comp this weekend is using one, so I expect to break 150 LOL

Just because its sealed doesn't mean its getting the RF of the vehicle. Its still getting it on the box. It will take multiple sealed boxes at different sizes to see what the vehicles resonant frequency is.
I take it back then just build another box 5 hertz higher and go for broke.

now i fell loud if theres a 5dB drop from AC to TL and i have half the Equipment you do.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

now i fell loud if theres a 5dB drop from AC to TL and i have half the Equipment you do.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif
1. You fail at spelling.

2. You shouldn't, he can probably do that all day. Congrats, you can do what most of the people on this forum can do by running 148+ with a few 10's/12's. He also did it at 35 hz. And I would put money on it that he could do that all day.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.