First Build - Need Opinions!

bradch

Michigan
I have spent a lot of time researching and putting together what I have come to believe what will be the best system for me. This is my first system, so I would like to get the opinions of some people who have more experience than I do. I have a few questions which I will get to later. Please provide your input on things such as quality and how well components match each other.

Here is what I've come up with. I've provided links to each of the products that would make up my system so that specifications can be easily accessed for you.

My vehicle is a 2000 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab and I would like the subwoofers and box to fit underneath the back seat. I plan to put the amp underneath the driver seat, as I do not have power seats.

Subwoofers: (2) Rockford Fosgate P3 2-ohm Shallows

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251354486500...84.m1436.l2649

Amplifier: Belva BB2000D 1200w Mono

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Belva-BB2000...e5f37f&vxp=mtr

Box: 2 x 12" Vented Specified Truck Box

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121064187790...84.m1436.l2649

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-X5500HD

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190970300741...84.m1436.l2649

Capacitor: Belva BB1D 1.0

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Belva-BB1D-1...33e534&vxp=mtr

Finally, I plan to use this 4-gauge wiring kit.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360814009757...84.m1423.l2649

!QUESTIONS!

1) I want a system with reasonable quality components. I am looking to stay away from cheap brands such as Boss Audio. Are all of my components reputable brands and will they remain in good condition with proper care?

2) I want a system that pounds very hard, but sounds good. I understand that I am limited with my space under the seat. Could I increase how hard my system hits or improve sound quality?

3) I want to make sure that my subwoofers match my amplifier. How well do my subs match my amplifier?

4) I want a good head unit with reasonable features and great sound quality. How well did I do at finding a head unit with these traits?

5) I have heard that it is healthy to break in a system by playing it at certain, increasing volumes for certain periods of time. Would you recommend that I do so? If you answer yes, what are the steps I should take to do so?

6) Should I purchase any other components for my system?

7) Should I upgrade anything on my truck?

8) Is there anything else that I could do to increase the performance of my system?

9) Is 4 gauge the best wire for my system?

10) How well do my subwoofers match my box, considering air space?

11) Are 2-ohm subwoofers the best to run with dual Rockford Fosgate P3 shallows?

12) Finally, one of my biggest questions. I am looking to use two subwoofers for increased loudness. However, I have read that I am only going to get an increase of 6 or less decibels at most. How much am I really gaining with two identical subwoofers compared to one?

Ok wow. Don't know where to start everything I your list except the deck. Is low end So let's start with. No cap period do the big 3 kit don't get a prefab box. As they are usually junk. Tuned to high and not enough space. Flat subs again are pretty much junk. My question to you what do you want from the system ? Sq SQL or just bass. ? And budget ? We can help you find good equipment if your willing to listen and learn. Also go with 0 gauge wire not 4 gauge

Ok wow. Don't know where to start everything I your list except the deck. Is low end So let's start with. No cap period do the big 3 kit don't get a prefab box. As they are usually junk. Tuned to high and not enough space. Flat subs again are pretty much junk. My question to you what do you want from the system ? Sq SQL or just bass. ? And budget ? We can help you find good equipment if your willing to listen and learn. Also go with 0 gauge wire not 4 gauge
My budget is around $500. I am looking for loud bass with a combination of good sound quality at lower volumes, but mostly bass. What do you mean by the big 3 kit? I am willing to listen and learn; I am coming into this with an open, intelligent mind with good intentions.

My budget is around $500. I am looking for loud bass with a combination of good sound quality at lower volumes, but mostly bass. What do you mean by the big 3 kit? I am willing to listen and learn; I am coming into this with an open, intelligent mind with good intentions.
The big 3 adds wire to the trucks existing wire to make the electrical work better. The cap is a waste of money. Is the $500 for subs and a amp. Or what ?

I am willing to increase the budget by a couple hundred dollars. As I said originally, I don't need anything too excellent.
Send me a pm and I'll give you some options. Or I can give you my number so we see what you want and need. I have a 97 71 so I have a good idea

HDS200 best budget new sub around now. Won't beat it

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

Then a PPI phantom 1k amp

HDS200 best budget new sub around now. Won't beat it 

---------- Post added at 05:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

Then a PPI phantom 1k amp
Steel stamped basket. 2" coils. Just a cheap knockoff of the dd 1500 series but not built as good or with the better dd parts

i could build a decent system with $500 lol
Thanks for your understanding. Any advice?

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

Steel stamped basket. 2" coils. Just a cheap knockoff of the dd 1500 series but not built as good or with the better dd parts
Are you saying this is bad equipment?

Thanks for your understanding. Any advice? 

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

Are you saying this is bad equipment?
No not bad. Just low end it's ok. But I myself wouldn't buy it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.