First 6th order I've even designed

Participant count
  • Participants list

20 hz bass machine
Premium Member

Danger Ranger
I've been getting into enclosure design more than ever and have even learned how to use 3D modeling software in an attempt to offer designs professionally. I use a combination of bassboxpro6 and sketchup to do my designs. I have no problem designing sealed and ported enclosures and am comfortable enough with 4th order designs to have them as part of my design portfolio.

6th orders on the other hand... I have become very familiar with bass box and have designed several series tuned 6th order enclosures that look great on paper but I've never built one of my designs. As a result I don't have any real world evidence to backup what I'm seeing on the computer.

Here's a 6th order I designed for 4 onyx 15s front port is tuned in the 50s and the rear around 28. Can't remember the volumes for each chamber exactly but what I can tell you is that the box is for a b pillar wall in a yukon and I'm using all the space I can, which was quite a bit.

Here's a few pics,
rs onyx 15 6th pine color.png

give me your honest opinion.

rs onyx 15 6th 4.png

I also designed a 6th for 6 zv5 18s in a yukon xl with a tuning of 25 and 42 here's what that looked like.

6 18 6th updated.png
6 18s 6th(1).png
20201228_180552.jpg

Here's a 6th order I designed for 4 onyx 15s front port is tuned in the 50s and the rear around 28. Can't remember the volumes for each chamber exactly but what I can tell you is that the box is for a b pillar wall in a yukon and I'm using all the space I can, which was quite a bit.

Here's a few pics, View attachment 26962
give me your honest opinion.

At 1st glance the port exit looks to be the same size as ONE side only when it should be equal to BOTH sides combined. The port ratio looks awfully high to me too.

What I'm seeing might be an illusion but if you have 55in2 per side on the rear chamber for instance the common exit should be 110in2 at the exit.

Maybe I'm seeing things so disregard if the area is equal to both sides combined.

At 1st glance the port exit looks to be the same size as ONE side only when it should be equal to BOTH sides combined. The port ratio looks awfully high to me too.

What I'm seeing might be an illusion but if you have 55in2 per side on the rear chamber for instance the common exit should be 110in2 at the exit.

Maybe I'm seeing things so disregard if the area is equal to both sides combined.
Sketchup is extremely deceptive in this way. The rear ports are 1.5" wide each and the spot where they meet is 3". Thanks for the feedback!

Why wouldn't you attempt to build a box with the same tuning and volumes for just 1 sub to test real-world performance first? Wall build is very permanent and I do not see a good way for you to modify any of that if it doesn't work out after all the glue has set.

Why wouldn't you attempt to build a box with the same tuning and volumes for just 1 sub to test real-world performance first? Wall build is very permanent and I do not see a good way for you to modify any of that if it doesn't work out after all the glue has set.
This design was done for a friend that desperately wanted 4 15s and didn't want to do any testing. Guess he trusts me more than I do lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.