firewall / where to drill?

Look for an existing stock gromet and poke a hole in it.

be shure you are able to acess it from inside the cabin before hand.

I prefer not to drill unless i absolutely need to

Haha, the firewall on my camry was a POS to get into

It ran from under the hood, to above the wheel, to into the cabin, where it poked through somewhere haha.

But it was a painnn.

My friends f-150 was easy, just went pooooft right through into cabin, lucky sob //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

yeh my engine is really packed together on the driver side so i cant even fit my hand down there to grab the wires, let alone see where the hole or wires are

pretty much gotta spend 20min looking for a clear spot on the firewall then when you find a good spot go inside and see if it is clear on the other side, and if it is drill there just QUAD check that there isnt wires in the way. my car was easy to drill but impossible to get a gromet in where i have it. so i am gromet less untill i pull my engine and rebuild it. in my brother and sisters kia optima it was easy foud a stamped spot on the firewall and looked inside looked good had my brother use a hammer and tap on a screw driver when i was in the car and felt the vibration and that was it 5 min to find that.

haha ive got a 93 tracer, theres a rubber gromet on the passenger side right above the carpet that i cut through and have quite a bit of wire running through. it shouldnt be too hard to drill a hole on the driver side of it either though, but i know for a fact there arent any gromets on the driver side. if your really worried about drilling through the firewall then just run the wire on the passenger side through the gromet

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.