Finished Building System, Any thoughts?

Im on my phone now... Its double .75 baffled and .75 everywhere else.
How much?.. Nada man you just had to ask.
Pm Shredder2 your email or contact his.

Why has no one mentioned lithiums or Northstar SMS slimline agms if the alt is limited to 90a?

You can run a big battery bank with a small alt BUT you will have to trickle charge intermittently because the alt won't be able to fully charge the batteries.

The larger the amp draw and the longer you play at full tilt the more frequently you will need to charge the batteries.

And keep in mind that an alt doesn't make it's full power until it's spinning at least 2k rpm. So if you don't drive the vehicle for long trips or sit in traffic a lot then the alt isn't charging very much.

I didn't see anything b.t. said that was incorrect. S.s has went down hill even from just a few years ago. There's a little more to an amplifier than dyno numbers. Efficiency built quality sound quality clean power etc. The whole w7 on same ss amp is laughable. Who buys expensive subs and powers it with cheap af amplifier.
Idk I appreciate most of the people on the forum who don't sugar coat anything and tell it like it is. That to me it is more helpful.
I'm not saying anything to be disrespectful to op and I hope you get what you're looking to get out your system . It's a fun hobby to be envoled with and should be taken as nothing more serious than that.

I didn't see anything b.t. said that was incorrect. S.s has went down hill even from just a few years ago. There's a little more to an amplifier than dyno numbers. Efficiency built quality sound quality clean power etc. The whole w7 on same ss amp is laughable. Who buys expensive subs and powers it with cheap af amplifier.
Idk I appreciate most of the people on the forum who don't sugar coat anything and tell it like it is. That to me it is more helpful.
I'm not saying anything to be disrespectful to op and I hope you get what you're looking to get out your system . It's a fun hobby to be envoled with and should be taken as nothing more serious than that.

Dead

Last edited:
Didn't get bent because I didn't hear what I wanted to hear. Tahoe popped in and just said garbage and didn't know the back story on why the amp was chosen and how much power out of said amp was needed. If he thinks SS is garbage, that's fine. I was just asking Shredder a question after a long thread, and Tahoe posted for the first time on the thread, saying they are garbage, and nothing else. It just rubbed me the wrong way a little bit. And, that's on me. I take things too personal, always have. A personality defect, if you will. So, my bad. Peace!
Then next time don't ask/post for opinions if you're gonna get butthurt so easily. You fail to see what I said about SS other than they're garbage now.....their older 90's amps were better. But you were focusing on the negative part of my comment instead and turned dickish. I had also mentioned that at best they're budget line amps. That's it nothing less, nothing more. Truthfully, it was actually someone else that asked how SS was nowadays, and I was the answer you got butthurt about.

Still have no idea where the conversation W7's is coming from.

Then next time don't ask/post for opinions if you're gonna get butthurt so easily. You fail to see what I said about SS other than they're garbage now.....their older 90's amps were better. But you were focusing on the negative part of my comment instead and turned dickish. I had also mentioned that at best they're budget line amps. That's it nothing less, nothing more. Truthfully, it was actually someone else that asked how SS was nowadays, and I was the answer you got butthurt about.

Still have no idea where the conversation W7's is coming from.
Dead

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.