Fiesta ST Build

Check out the Rockford Fosgate dsr1. Ran it in my focus ST. I personally would do a couple sundown sa8s.
Could you post a picture of your subwoofer box? I’m trying to keep that false door in tact as much possible. I’ll definitely look into the dsr1, just gotta find out which adapter I need.

Also what are your opinions on two sa8’s? Since you suggested it :eek:

How much space do you have for a box? Why are you so certain you need to tune at 33hz when you haven't even chosen a sub?
SA series woofers are 750W rated.... of course """everybody""" knows that Sundown can take 2-3X rated power all day erry day; you won't find one of those people that'll warranty your sub beyond that, but they'll all tell you to go ahead and run 2000W to it. IMO if you have to ask about power handling you should probably stick to what the manufacturer recommends.
Did you check out that link I put in the original post? I want something very very similar to that. And I was just putting 32 he since that’s what I’ve seen most people say when listening to rap/edm. I’m new to this so it’s all speculation. I’ll take some measurements of my trunk very soon.

Could you post a picture of your subwoofer box? I’m trying to keep that false door in tact as much possible. I’ll definitely look into the dsr1, just gotta find out which adapter I need.
Also what are your opinions on two sa8’s? Since you suggested it :eek:
The ford T harness is plug and play on the DSR1 if you have the sony system.

Is there someone with enough knowledge that is willing to private message me and give me a little more information to put me on the right track? Going back and forth on the forums is a little clunky and I would like to have a proper system done the right way with a little guidance. Thank you everyone for your replies so far. I’m gaining a little bit of information each day. Car audio is not my specialty

Did you check out that link I put in the original post? I want something very very similar to that. And I was just putting 32 he since that’s what I’ve seen most people say when listening to rap/edm. I’m new to this so it’s all speculation. I’ll take some measurements of my trunk very soon.
SA SERIES

Sundown has some box plans right on their website, have you checked if any of those will fit? Generally speaking I'd stick to what the manufacturer recommends for box volume and tuning (using the largest recommended size of possible). Try that, see how it goes and if you really feel you're missing something build a new box, buy a new sub, or whatever... work from there. But manufacturer spec should probably be your starting point.

SA SERIES
Sundown has some box plans right on their website, have you checked if any of those will fit? Generally speaking I'd stick to what the manufacturer recommends for box volume and tuning (using the largest recommended size of possible). Try that, see how it goes and if you really feel you're missing something build a new box, buy a new sub, or whatever... work from there. But manufacturer spec should probably be your starting point.
ill definitely check this out. ive been doing some thinking and to save me some money i might just put my current sub in a ported box and then add a processor and see what i need to do from there

See what kind of space you have first then determine your sub after. One option to keep a false floor is the Sundown hybrid SD3s. They're SD3s with SA soft parts. That way you get the flat mounting depth of the SD3 but with more output/power handling in a ported enclosure.

I'm kind of mulling going that way in the spare tire area of my X5.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.