Few questions

Participant count
  • Participants list

Spoodini

CarAudio.com Newbie
I use a line out converter from my rear 6x9s and was wondering whether it is better to gave low gain on the LOC and higher gain on amp or higher gain on LOC and lower gain on amp. I test the gains' cleanliness with an oscilloscope so clipping isn't an issue.

I set my gains on my amp with a couple 0db sine waves so that there would be no clipping and songs with very loud bass attenuation sound quite good. I listen to a large variety of songs and sometimes listen to rebassed songs/songs that already have 0db tones. When I listen to other music I am often disappointed that the bass output is very low. Is there any way to boost the bass of songs with low bass attenuation without boosting the songs with 0db signals (to prevent clipping/distortion)? An ideal boost curve would be similar to how the function 1/x looks where it boosts more the quieter it is.

I checked many songs I listen to in audacity to see the attenuation levels of the bass, but is there a way to view live attenuation output in android? I use youtube music if that makes any difference.

As far as the gains go, I would try to make them match; as in, I would try to set both of them up where neither one of them is maxed out. Turn one up a little, then the other, then back and forth until you get it where you want it. I wouldn't recommend turning either one all the way to max. If one was to be turned up higher, I would say the LOC. But just watch for funky waveforms altogether.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.