F150 10's ported problem /concerns...

Cali_Screw
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Rancho,CA
Im looking to building a enclosure for 2 10's ported. But i have a seat bracket i have to work around, now i have a concern it will mess with the port and how the subs sound. Will there be an issue? Here is photo of what the box will look like, If any one can clear this issue up please let me know.

6178-10407-150039.jpg

6178-10407-150064.jpg

6178-10407-150041.jpg

6178-10407-151010.jpg

Port will be in the middle, and i plan on using an areo ports. Also would it be better to use one big one or two small ones? and will i hear any port noise with the port facing forward like the subs?

Last edited by a moderator:
I like this box. Wondering how close it would be to fitting in my 00 f150. Gives me hopes for my 2 8" build. Not sure how i wanna fire my subs / port tho. Looks good!

Use aero ports for sure and go with one big. I would use 2 4" or 1 6". That should be enough for this box I assume. I have over 5 cubes after all the displacement and I only have 3 4" aeros and dont have any port noise. Thats what these aeros are kown for. Just make sure you have enough bepth for the aeros to fit. And keep in mind that a 4" aero is actually like 7" at the exit. and like 6.25 at the internal opening. I didnt plan that part and had a hell of a time getting them to fit. Alot of people said I needed more port area on mine but after talking with others and saying screw it and just using the 4" its perfect. The subs are very happy with the portarea I gave them.

this box is close to 3 cubic feet, and and i can use 2 4" areo's or one big 6", now will it be bad to have it face the same way as the subs? No one still has addressed the issue of that notch, am i looking for trouble and a shitty sound?

You should be ok facing them like that. you just dont want them on the opposate side as the subs. Do the math on the length, I am getting roughlt 20ish if you tune to 32. Now the issue is are you gonna be able to fit that length? I highly doubt you will want to do external on a truck like this. You might want to try and put the port or ports closer to one of the subs and do a 90 deg bend and get your length that way. If I were you I would do the port on the driver side of the box facing to the side of the truck. That will get you a higher spl anyways. Kinda like rear facing in other vehicles.

Wow, nice job on the box. I may need dimensions on this one. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

If you're concerned about airflow with the notch, I wouldn't be... I don't see it posing a problem.

What's the depth of the box from front to back?

I think you may be better off with two 4" ports... don't think there's enough room for the inside flare of a 6".

Honestly bro I think you aer either gonna have to 90deg it or go on the side. Either way you can use the flairs just fine with either sized aero. You want to have more than an inch or 2 from the back of the box. That 20" wont cut it if you plan on going straight.

You'll have to do 2 ports because of depth IMO, You can use elbows if you account for the extra length and if you do that, id do one port to each side of the box because if you do both to one side or an unequal length of distance between each sub and port, you could have unloading on the closer sub which is bad.

Edit: after seeing that little section for the left side of the box in between the subs, i suggest going sealed because your going to have a shitload of problems porting it correctly. That little notch is going to cut airflow off from the one side causing unloading on the right side sub, you could remedy this with external ports. or just staying sealed.

You'll have to do 2 ports because of depth IMO, You can use elbows if you account for the extra length and if you do that, id do one port to each side of the box because if you do both to one side or an unequal length of distance between each sub and port, you could have unloading on the closer sub which is bad.
Edit: after seeing that little section for the left side of the box in between the subs, i suggest going sealed because your going to have a shitload of problems porting it correctly. That little notch is going to cut airflow off from the one side causing unloading on the right side sub, you could remedy this with external ports. or just staying sealed.
Now what if i were to separate each sub and port them that way? The reason i am going ported is to achieve more out put/ low end over my 2 12's sealed.

If i were to go sealed i could potentially do 3 tens sealed. My whole goal here is for more out put and low end bass.

Now what if i were to separate each sub and port them that way? The reason i am going ported is to achieve more out put/ low end over my 2 12's sealed.
If i were to go sealed i could potentially do 3 tens sealed. My whole goal here is for more out put and low end bass.
You would have to make sure each side has the exact same airspace. Then you could port each side. That should work.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.