Evo VIII install

0_0.
What is your current mod list?
According to the shop and tuner I use, Road///Race Engineering, and the packages they put together I'm running stage 1+. Basically it's fueling mods to max the stock turbo with the plus being optional cams. The audio upgrade is on the first post but everything else I've done to the car is below.

Suspension and handling;

Road Race 25mm adjustable rear anti sway bar

GTSpec carbon rear strut tower bar

WORKS Crox plate II

WORKS stainless braided brake lines

Stoptech slotted front brake rotors

Stoptech street/track pads all around

Engine and power;

K&N air filter drop in replacement, stock airbox

RMR hard pipe, from airbox to turbo

WORKS 76mm TBE, ceramic coated downpipe, IP, axle back exhaust

WORKS diverter valve (JDM OE style blowoff valve, recirculated)

RRE high flow rally cat

RRE manual boost controler

Denso 720cc injectors

Walbro 255 high pressure fuel pump

HKS 272 intake/exhaust cams

Others;

GTSpec carbon radiator shroud/diverter, promotes airflow through radiator

Zeitronix wide band o2 meter, EGT, AFR, boost and lambda monitoring

Sparco harness bar and 4point Sparco harnesses

window tint

integrated garage remote to center console

Laptop and OBDII cable tuning and map changing, 91 & 100 oct maps

**edit**JVC Sirius and ipod module.

All upgrades revolve around keeping the car stock looking and daily drivable reliability. To that effect all added wires are wrapped with flexible tubing that looks like the stock wiring loom (see power cable install pics) or vacuum tubing is used under the hood for high temp applications. The eagle eyed out there would spot the MBC(really plain looking though) and EGT probe coming out of the manifold but not much else. Even the stock manifold heat shield was drilled and painted flat black and put back on, at a glance nothing looks out of place. My one concession to bling is the airbox hard pipe, it's polished and the coupler is red but it's almost so dirty you can't tell. The labels on the injectors and the BOV have been removed and these parts look stock. I can't really hide the cam lope but the tuner made it so when I turn on my a/c the idle jumps to 1k and smooths right out and you almost can't tell, people just think I need a tuneup anyway. My instructions for the tune were a nice strong road car that I can beat on all year round and not break (both octane maps), nice flat torque curve is way more important to me than peak dyno numbers. I estimate about 320 to the wheels based on other setups but I've never been dynoed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know I've never run it and I probably never will. My brother says I sleep at the lights.

The car lives for the canyons and excels when pushed.

I don't know I've never run it and I probably never will. My brother says I sleep at the lights.
You said the car had never been dyno'd. Your trap speed would give us an idea as to the power you're making.

The car lives for the canyons and excels when pushed.
If it's not obvious, I have fairly competitive IX.

Last edited by a moderator:
You said the car had never been dyno'd. Your trap speed would give us an idea as to the power you're making.
I see. I'll end up dynoing it one of these days, before the next upgrade at least. It was dyno'd with the catback and air filter, no tune and did 256hp and 263tq on Harmanmotive's awd dyno. I'm not sure that dyno is there anymore though.

If it's not obvious, I have fairly competitive IX. Look me up on EvoM, like on the suspension forum.
The one in your sig? I'll have to check it out.

Man, that is so awesome stuff.
I live about 45 min from GT/Ravspec haha.

I can see this running high 11's atleast.

Thanks.

I'm not sure where that is but if you are ever around the San Fernando Valley lmk.

Anyone know why I can't edit first page posts? Is it a time lock or can you only edit so many times? I started hosting pics on Picasa and now I can't remove my uploaded pics in my first page of posts to change to the links.

I started looking through your threads. what model Recaro car seats were you using? I use the young sport in my wifes car.

I started looking through your threads.
Most of my threads are about audio and detailing - hobby stuff. I don't ask questions; typically, I'm the one who responds especially on the suspension forum.

what model Recaro car seats were you using? I use the young sport in my wifes car.
I wish I could remember what they were called. I bought them for ~$125 each, if that helps. My kids loved them. As a side benefit, every cop that pulled along side with the seats in the car never gave me another look. lol

The kids outgrew the Recaros. I sold the seats locally to an STi owner with twins.

I've had my install done for a few weeks now and have really been enjoying it. I haven't messed with gains (don't think I need to) or crossovers (know I need to but feel overwhelmed). I'm glad I took the time to do the sound treatment and feel everything I did was worthwhile as I can almost talk on the phone comfortably now. It might be the muted sound inside my car but I swear my car felt heavier and sluggish to me. I had my brother take it out one evening to get his impression (no arm twisting needed)and he didn't notice any difference. He tells me he forgot to even turn up the stereo until getting off the freeway on his way back home but "yeah, it sounds good", sheesh, so hard to find good help sometimes:D. He said the extra weight was not noticed and since my car is pretty loud anyway he wouldn't really have noticed a difference if he didn't know what was done. I think the weight thing was in my head for sure and I double checked sound levels by making calls on the freeway. It is definitely quieter, I even kept my old phone until the end of the build to make sure it was a fair test. I did some weighing of pieces removed and pieces yet to be installed and have some approximations of the weight gain, I'll have to find where I wrote them down and post it later. These are some pics just finishing up.

did better on the plexi this time around. not that the other side was bad...

IMG_0557.JPG

more dynamat xtreme. ruins scissors...

IMG_0585.JPG

boring dash pic, i'll put a movie on for a little flair...where did i put 2F2F?

IMG_0561.JPG

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

AWD PSI

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
AWD PSI
SoCal
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date