Equipment choice/setup/wiring help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Buldg7

Hey Guys, so I've got a bit of a dilemma on my hands. For my custom car audio install, which is almost entirely planned out already and I really don't want to change too much at this stage, I want to use the Alpine PXA-H800 DSP in its 5.1ch mode. The thing is that I want to drive it from a Pioneer DEH-80PRS in network mode (High, Mid, Low). My question is how could I configure the H800 to accept that form of input? Or would I have to run the 80PRS in standard (Front, Rear, Sub)? I guess what's confusing to me is how the input side of the H800 can be configured, either in a 3x 2ch input configuration, a 2 input (one 4ch, one 2ch) configuration, or in a 5.1ch input configuration (Front L&R, Rear L&R, Center, and Sub). The thing I don't understand is could I have it set up to output 5.1ch from a stereo or 4ch input? Or is there a way to configure it so that the three stereo inputs are assigned to different frequency ranges (like how network mode on the 80PRS outputs) but all be used simultaneously? Because the way I'm reading it is that it would be three independent stereo inputs, configured to be connected to three different sources. Is that wrong or no?

After some further reading of the manuals for both of these, would it be possible to go from the 80prs in standard mode to go to the H800 in the 5.1ch input config, using Front L&R, Rear L&R, and one of the sub outputs to go to the corresponding inputs on the H800, but also taking the Left and Right Front outputs from the 80prs and summing them to a mono signal, then using that for the center channel input on the H800? I think that this would make sense, but I'm not entirely sure. Can anyone confirm that this would or would not work?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.