Speakers lower mpg

Yea, your new higher rms speakers are now causing your fuel pump to work harder there for draining your battery faster. And since the fuel pump is working harder it might pumping more fuel than needs to be. You havnt had any sputter issues or the tranny acting funny?

Just replaced my stock speakers in my 1998 jeep Cherokee. The past few days I have been playing them and noticed that my gas mileage has been terrible. Is this because of the new speakers. I have also noticed my battery has been lower than normal.
ahh not unless u wired something wrong even then i don't see how.. i took out my 150 pound dual 12 box yrs ago cause it cost me mpg but that was 150 pounds., not 5 pound of speakers..

Did you ground to the fuel pump?

---------- Post added at 03:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 AM ----------

Bad bat I bet. Get it checked.

Yes just the speakers

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:01 AM ----------

Every thing has been normal other than gas mileage

changing speakers should have 0 impact on mpg unless your adding a large amount of weight or large draw on your charging system. If you disconnected your battery and it reset your ecu your vehicle could be running rich until a few run cycles causes the fuel map to readjust.

Just replaced my stock speakers in my 1998 jeep Cherokee. The past few days I have been playing them and noticed that my gas mileage has been terrible. Is this because of the new speakers. I have also noticed my battery has been lower than normal.
your up at 11 calculating gas mileage.. stop that slo_ride

I put 2000+ pounds of stereo equipment with 30,000 watts of draw and added a K&N air filter in my car. I noticed no gas mileage drop I must be doing something wrong or that air filter made up for everything!!!! Its MAGIC!

I put 2000+ pounds of stereo equipment with 30,000 watts of draw and added a K&N air filter in my car. I noticed no gas mileage drop I must be doing something wrong or that air filter made up for everything!!!! Its MAGIC!
i guess you just that ******* good bro. lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.