Enclosure for stock class

Participant count
  • Participant list

mbrooky
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
So here's the rundown...buddy of mine wanted to hear how his amp and subs sound in my blazer since he had it running in a trunk car and is thinking of getting an suv type. there is a comp this weekend and was thinkin of running it to see what it hits (his idea) but it's 2 15s in a prefab box...and from the measurements i took it's only 2.5cuft each sub (seperate chambers/port in middle) tuned to about 33hz before sub displacement. they are cvr 15s powered by a hifonics txi1508d. and it hits pretty good. subs/port facing back. i was thinking of building a new box for it but to stay in the stock 0-600 class i need to stay below the window line and that would only give me about 5.3cuft with a slot port tuned to 38hz (not counting sub displacement). subs up/port rear.....(i'm sure i can gain more volume if i use aero ports but not sure what size or length)...now would that make that much of a difference since the volume is about the same but tuned higher? or should i just say screw the stock class and build a bigger box? since they do call for 3-5cuft per sub....

well sealed up it's up 7 cuft.....so that would be 2 6" ports at 8-9"? or what about an 8" sonotube at 5-6" long? or how would a square port be using mdf to mimic a tube/port? sorta like the design attached....

so started my build and going to go with a single 10 in square port about 5.25 in long and going by psp port calc that puts me at 48hz using a 7.28 cu ft enclosure. with sub/port/brace displacement should put me in the mid 50hz range with a little under 7 cu ft...sound right?? also how do i calculate port area...would it be only 52.5 sq in?...am i doin that right...so that wouldn't be enough eh...should i got with two 8 in ports 10-11 in long giving about 160 sq in...any insight on this???? am i doin the math righ???

also shot a little vid of the prefab goodness then i'ma shoot another for the new box...hopefully there's a difference lol

well didn't have enought time to finish the build...the comp is today...but new box is in works for next time....ran the prefab box and hit a 140.1 using push that lil john...sealed at the kick i might go back up there and see what it hits on test tones...but don't feel like paying another $35....boo...lol

well didn't have enought time to finish the build...the comp is today...but new box is in works for next time....ran the prefab box and hit a 140.1 using push that lil john...sealed at the kick i might go back up there and see what it hits on test tones...but don't feel like paying another $35....boo...lol
dang. that's local for you too.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif USE the USACi CD and run the SWEEP first, track 19, and see what your peak frequency is.

dang. that's local for you too.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif USE the USACi CD and run the SWEEP first, track 19, and see what your peak frequency is.
yeah i didn't get a chance to run the usaci cd...was kinda crunched on time as i was stuck with the kids since the wifey got stuck working today //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif only had enough time to do one run while the wife was on her lunch break lol...could've probably taken first in sb3 since 1st place only hit 140.4 but i kept blowin the fuse i had on my sub amp, it's a60 amp bus fuse...should i go bigger? and what size?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.