Tank enclosure for 8s

SlugButter

CarAudio.com VIP
arizona
Doing an enclosure build this week for a guys suv for 4 SSA F8L 8s. He requested that it be 1.5 inches thick all the way around and It’s getting a double baffle with an extra 3/4 inch flush mount beauty panel, so technically a triple baffle. He also wanted MDF, but I wanted to use wood with real fibers for the kerf. I have a little bracing to add in still before I close up the top. Sending update pics to the customer and thought I’d post here and give my back a few minutes rest.
3B0F9458-526A-4A65-B8EA-4AA733051F10.jpeg
363EAC40-7E72-47F6-B378-F5C28EFB9A42.jpeg

Ive been looking at trying a pair of these for a while. I havent pulled the trigger on any yet or decided too

Kind of hard to go with an 8" when a 10' can be had at the same price for me

Kind of hard to go with an 8" when a 10' can be had at the same price for me

Depends on box space really. The CT is nice in 1.3-1.5 cubes. Some 8s require a stupid amount of box, like the Skar ZVX wanting 1,25 cubes, which is stupid. The RDS 8 inch on the other hand works really well in .75 cubes and can be tuned low. i Will only use select 8s that have specs and box recommendations that make sense.

You made that kerf look easy
Anyone whos has attempted one knows its far from easy
Yours is perfect though
Last one I did I messed up twice before I was happy with it
That woods not cheap to be screwing it up

Well done

The F8L's are gangster subs
Factory recommends .55 cubes per sub tuned to 31 HZ. One of the smaller boxes recommended that I’ve seen for 8s. Sometimes factory recommendations are on the smaller side to limit cone travel and save on their warranty returns, but they actually do look good in software modeling in the small air space. I wanted to do .75 cubes per sub, but customer wanted factory recommended specs.

Factory recommends .55 cubes per sub tuned to 31 HZ. One of the smaller boxes recommended that I’ve seen for 8s. Sometimes factory recommendations are on the smaller side to limit cone travel and save on their warranty returns, but they actually do look good in software modeling in the small air space. I wanted to do .75 cubes per sub, but customer wanted factory recommended specs.
They seem to bang in .55.

They seem to bang in .55.
Box induced impedence rise is going to be very high. This is definitely a spot where running .5 ohms starts churning around in a person's head. I don't know if his amp is stable that low, but it's too late anyway. He already has the dual 2 ohm subs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...