Enclosure build for Angryoscar

AngryOscar, what I'd do if I were you, I'd go to the hardware store, get some wood filler, and glob it on. Then sand it down nice and smooth. Do that for the inside, too. Then re-paint it. That way it won't turbulate the air, and it will be stronger (structurally speaking).
I second this! that crack looks like it could get nasty....

AngryOscar, what I'd do if I were you, I'd go to the hardware store, get some wood filler, and glob it on. Then sand it down nice and smooth. Do that for the inside, too. Then re-paint it. That way it won't turbulate the air, and it will be stronger (structurally speaking).
Thanks but doing the inside would be impossible the way the ports are set up. Does that stuff dry clear? Somebody at work mentioned wood glue already. I asked twisted the type of paint and were to buy it.

IMG_2952-1.jpg

pic from page 5

dude.

to break that box they must of thrown it pretty **** hard from some height.

One of the boxes we made took three hits with a sledge before it cracked.

The only plausible answer to a crack from normal circumstances would be from weak joints anything otherwise would mean quite the beating such as this looks.

I would complain before glueing. Maybe you'll get some money from it and the box is probably fine to use anyways.

Another pic of the crack. I dont think it goes all the way through.

p2190007jq7.jpg

Other then the crack and a few minor things this is a nice box. I would trust Twisted to make another one any day. Maybe more padding on shipping would have helped, the the actual design and build is very nice.

He offered to send a new one for cost of shipping and carpet. I want to try to fix it before I spend more money and have to wait longer.

btw the kerfed port is filled with glue on the inside according to Twisted. I'm about to go outside and take a closer look.

I have a bad feeling on that crack because it is right on the flare of the port....
i know me too because thats where the kerf cuts are. ive never had a problem with shipping yet until now:crap:

dude.to break that box they must of thrown it pretty **** hard from some height.

One of the boxes we made took three hits with a sledge before it cracked.

The only plausible answer to a crack from normal circumstances would be from weak joints anything otherwise would mean quite the beating such as this looks.

I would complain before glueing. Maybe you'll get some money from it and the box is probably fine to use anyways.
yea when we had to break that one out of your car it was really hard to break it.

yea when we had to break that one out of your car it was really hard to break it.
for real man lmao

anyways, since the crack isn't directly down a kerf line, this is definitely not a build failure.

If the kerf wasn't strong it would have cracked on a kerf cut.

This is definitely mal-care on fedex's part.

Looks really good installed. ***** to hear about the shipping problem, but I imagine something that big really pissed them off, lol!

Now Twisted, get to my box, pronto! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Twisted_0912

10+ year member
Twisted_0912
NE ohio
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from