elemental designs

Is it marketing?

Yes.

Is there more cone area than a conventional 12?

Yes.

Does it have anything to do with an ID driver?

No.

I was just trying to illustrate from your "interesting" choice of drivers, that things with almost 2x the xmax **** well better have a taller surround if they've got the same cone area.

I guess I should have clarified my first post by stating that it was a skinny tall surround as compared to conventional drivers with an equal or lesser amount of xmax which operate on a half roll design.

Is it marketing?
Yes.

Is there more cone area than a conventional 12?

Yes.

Does it have anything to do with an ID driver?

No.
The only thing it has to do with an ID driver is that the ID series (as well as the IDMAX) has 545 cm² Sd as well, and it is a 12" driver (and the ID has a more comparable Xmax to the eD drivers).
I was just trying to illustrate from your "interesting" choice of drivers, that things with almost 2x the xmax **** well better have a taller surround if they've got the same cone area.
I guess I should have clarified my first post by stating that it was a skinny tall surround as compared to conventional drivers with an equal or lesser amount of xmax which operate on a half roll design.
And in doing so, you pointed out that there are other 12" drivers out there with the exact same Sd as eD's 13" drivers...

But every company has there marketing gimmick so why pick this one company to flame? I don't run there subs but know many that do and have been to there warehouse and they are great subs that sound great so why all the flaming?

But every company has there marketing gimmick so why pick this one company to flame? I don't run there subs but know many that do and have been to there warehouse and they are great subs that sound great so why all the flaming?
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/search.gif.e79a63b2b580b39b282dff402646b704.gif

ED has ****ed over many people on this forum, and has alot of **** happen with buildhouses. So that completly tarneshed there name. There more i jus dont know about it

its been a while since I've been back on these forums but the last time i heard problems with eD was a year or two ago when they were still at there old small warehouse. And I'm not trying to argue, but i know the guys personally they bend over backwards for ya if you need something done in my experience.

its been a while since I've been back on these forums but the last time i heard problems with eD was a year or two ago when they were still at there old small warehouse. And I'm not trying to argue, but i know the guys personally they bend over backwards for ya if you need something done in my experience.
This isn't flaming (at least not on my part).
Mandos said 'more cone area' is the reason for the 13" designation, and I pointed out that other companies have 12" drivers with the exact same cone area. No flaming there...

It doesnt say 13" on any of the K or O series drivers, while the name is 13ov.2 and 13kv.2, it doesnt say 13" anywhere.
Under the product specs page, it has the dimensions.
Well then why the heck did Mandos post this?
Tall surround vs. standard half roll.
More cone area.
That implies that the use of 9/11/13/16/19 is due to more cone area. If that isn't what he was implying, then his post is completely arbitrary and meaningless with regards to topic of this thread.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif :confused: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Well then why the heck did Mandos post this? That implies that the use of 9/11/13/16/19 is due to more cone area. If that isn't what he was implying, then his post is completely arbitrary and meaningless with regards to topic of this thread.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif :confused: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
It still has more cone area than a conventional 1/2 roll surround on a driver.

You do agree with that, correct?

You also stated that other drivers which implement a similar tall surround have a similar Sd.

I completely agree with you there.

So, basically it comes down to the fact that we chose a naming structure which has some marketing in it as well, and Image Dynamics doesn't.

I think what Alex was trying to say is that we never state the drivers are indeed the sizes in their names, which we don't. But the naming structure was indeed started because it has more cone area than a conventional sub of equal overall diameter.

While the subs don't have the actual cone area of the number in their naming, their cone area is still larger than a conventional half-roll design. Naming was done to show this and as a form of marketing as you've mentioned.

Personally, I like the name 13Kv.2 a lot more than say, 12.5Kv.2. It's just there to show it's a bigger cone than most, but I agree, doesn't show it's true size and therefore is marketing.

eDuh is not well liked in the car audio world. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

They only cater to n00bs and fan boys anymore

eDuh is not well liked in the car audio world. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
They only cater to n00bs and fan boys anymore
there only hated by other fan boys of different brands. now ED is not TCAB, what ED did in the past was the past, now they have great customer service and like diminshedpower said, they will bend over backwards.

now TCAB, he is just bad, past, present and future, i learned my lesson the hard way. so yeah, who wants beer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.