elemental designs

OK, I wasn't around here when the eD stuff went down. However, I didn't hear any of this stuff until about 9 months after i joined the forum. What exaclty happened? They obviously didn't take people's money without giving the product, because the law would be involved then. Can someone please enlighten me. Audioholic keeps talking about people getting "ripped off" but I'd like to know what actually happened.
The 'rip off' I refer to personally is the sound deadening mat. During a time when butyl rubber based mats were just coming on the market, Ben was advertising edead as 'rubber based' whenh in fact it was the same old asphalt based crap with like 2% more rubber binding agent added. He was also caught stating personally it was butyl rubber based. So people were spending their hard earned cash thinking they were paying for the new, and superior, butyl rubber based mat when they just buying the same old asphalt.

Add to that Ben falsely advertised the weight of the matting (an important spec no?) and blamed it on 1) 'oh wow, seems our quality control scale is out of calibration, I just noticed!', and 2) 'I cant remember the last time I verified the thickness or weight of the matting, dont blame us blame our suppliers!', and 3) 'oh looks like I accidently did the initial weigh test, for official advertising, with the paper backing still on.... ooops again'. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif So they were purchasing over-inflated aspahlt mat, that they thought was heavier/thicker butyl mat. I call that getting ripped off.

An example of Ben skirting around the truth just enough (adding slightly more rubber binder, to fall back on if questioned about wording) to possibly look bad if caught, but not actually get sued. Kinda sounds like the current JL frame situation, no? Some of you guys talk about this stuff like the eD drama was in the past ("happened before I got here")... its still happeneing to this day.

The pre-order thing can be mentioned by plenty of other people who were affected by it personally. I wasn't.

I remember the whole deal with the sound deadening stuff when that went down and that wasn't good. How ever with that said I'm going with a couple of 9kv's because they fit my needs exactly:eyebrow:

I'm not an eD fan boy, actually these will be the first eD products I've ever owned, but I have to say the JL copy issue seems pretty thin. You mean to tell me that companies within the same competitive industry try to "match" products, say it aint so... That never happens:rolleyes: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

He likes to play this game, where he pretty much blames all the screw ups and short comings on someone else...why do you think he's used 4-5 different build houses since their inception? And it's not because those build houses ****...they still produce for probably 95% of the internet company speaker market.

11=10 13=12 16=15 19=18
that is something to this day I regard as STUPID,they should have never

did the line up this way.....//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/suicide.gif.a649d21efc0d1fd4890a6428166586c1.gif

good products IMO though

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.