elemental designs

They sound great, I love them. But they bottom out waaaaay too easy and the terminals have to be the dumbest thing ever created except for maybe the Mazda Rx8's see through sun visors.....I think that takes the cake

I've been told that ED took orders for new subs that were coming out and never filled the orders....just kept the money

I can't buy anything from a company that has done that. The only reason I have my little ED subs is because I have them second hand from another guy here on the forum.

They sound great, I love them. But they bottom out waaaaay too easy and the terminals have to be the dumbest thing ever created except for maybe the Mazda Rx8's see through sun visors.....I think that takes the cake
have you tried any other subs that size?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blackeye.gif.66a1670f5aaf7f406e783a63e3387dc5.gif
even with the JL thing, ED is still releasing the 13AV.2, so i guess ED didnt copy anything, cause if they did then the 13AV.2 will be canceled, or postponed.

but i am not going to get into it with you, we already done this one time, no need to go through it again. we all know how you feel about ED, and i dont care. i am a satisfied ED customer, and will be until proven wrong.

my wife is going to kick your ass for giving me that black eye!!!!!
Have you even followed the 13AV.2 scandal? Its still being released because Ben changed the design just enough to be legal. Yeah, real upstanding company they are. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif Its amazing howmany other companies have released proprietary baskets that didn't have to look anything like JL's, yet eD did have to. Hmmm, wonder why. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/greedy.gif.5a53e6246569d7ab79867170f3b06629.gif
Im sure you dont want to 'get into it' with me, you know I know what Im talking about, and it aint pretty for Ben or eD.

my wife is going to kick your ass for giving me that black eye!!!!!
Bring 'er on. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I have had my fair share of problems with a couple ED subs that I have had.......but I also have had problems with RF subs and JL subs before........

I will say that most of the time it was user error.....but my 19Ov2 did mess up because of extra glue on the tinsels......the spider cracked which is wierd....

But ED replaced it free.....

I am a little curious about the whole W7 and 13Av2 thing but I read the blog on ED's site and the way it talked it seems as though Ben is either changing the basket, or JL realized they didn't have anything against them........I would imagine that if they did find out that Ed was stealing designs then they would have acted. JL has got to have a **** good lawyer, lol

I guess we will see when it comes out or if it ends up getting postponed

The surround, cone, mounting ring, and motor are alot diff than a Dub7, but the T/S params are very close to the 12w7

I did get in on that first 25 deal though. When I called it was just too cheap to pass up, even if it half the sub of the mighty dub7

I talk to Chris that works their every once in a while and I feel that they have always done me right and that their subs are fine.......I Really like my nine.1 though, haven't ever had a problem with it

curtis

I've been told that ED took orders for new subs that were coming out and never filled the orders....just kept the money
I can't buy anything from a company that has done that. The only reason I have my little ED subs is because I have them second hand from another guy here on the forum.
I know about 4 years ago there was a pre-order that cards were charged before shipment, but that definitely hasn't happened anytime in the last 3.5+ years.

Don't you think if money was kept with no product that the company would have been closed. Taking money for a product over the internet over state lines with no product delivery....pretty sure that gets the FBI involved.

Don't forget the baffles that I hooked you up with to fit speakers in your car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

And the Eu-700 is just as easy as any other subwoofer to mount...cut the right hole, put it in. It'd be like cutting a 6" hole and trying to put a sub with an 11" mounting diameter in it....you can't.

Cut out a hole that's 5.8", rock in one side, put in the other. Yes, there is that extra little rocking involved, but I've mounted the ones in my car 3 times now...and I have 32 5.8" holes in there so I'm pretty sure it's very easily doable...with the right hole size.

Mandos, your company took money for advertising/selling a product that was a lie. Is that as bad as simply keeping money and not shipping product? No, but its **** close.

The FBI would have nothing to do with such a case.

The EU700 wire terminal design is idiotic, no getting around it. Not only do you have to do this 'rocking method' to get them in and out, you must cut the hole larger than the true size needed... thicker baffles create problems with the rocking method, more chances to short something out, etc etc. You cannot tell me those terminals MUST be positioned the way they are. I mean, plenty of other companies make relatively high displacement 6.5's... why does eD's have to have this problem while nobody else's does? IMO the EU700 is eD's most interesting product (to me) and yet even they have a design issue.

chardy85, as I already explained, Ben changed the design to get JL off his back. His initial design drawings called for direct cooling, which JL has patented (how the frame allows this). After JL got involved, Ben came up with the stopry of how the first drawing just didn't have the heatsink shown that is now going on the sub. Well gee, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out Ben got caught with his hand in JL's cookie jar and that was the simplest and easiest way to avoid a lawsuit and save face. Never take what Ben says on his website as the truth. I am glad you are happy with your eD products tho. Id like to see the company fail (honestly), but I dont want my fellow enthusiasts to suffer due to it.

Cheers.

My friend was going to get some ED's. After reading this however, I'm make sure he gets something worthwhile.
lmao **** happened in the past, ED is doing great right now. but if thats the way you feel then cool. but you cant beat a year warranty and awesome customer service.

yes audioholic i know :p

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.