Electrical upgrade help???

Participant count
  • Participant list

trenthonda1
10+ year member

Florida
i have a 99 f150 all the electrical is stock. i wanna run a Autotek Mean Mechine 4000d.1 to my AudioQue hdc3 15. i wanna wire it a 2 ohms. what electrical upgrades do i need for this amp to preform well.

* 4 ohms: 1000 watts x 1 chan.

* 2 ohms: 2000 watts x 1 chan.

* 1 ohm: 4000 watts x 1 chan.

Ps is there a better amp for around the same price (200) that would do the job?

given the age of the vehicle, i'd do the gambit -

H.O. alt

New AGM battery (starting)

Big 3 (1/0)

go over all of the stock electrical wiring for the alt and fuse box and battery and re-terminate as necessary.

a secondary AGM battery may also be nice, but you don't want it behind you in a truck.

batteries should be in enclosures vented to outdoors. even sealed AGM batteries off-gas a little bit and shouldn't be located in the cabin unless you weld a battery box for it and vent it out. it can be a lethal projectile in an accident, battery acid in the cabin would be bad news, and the fumes would make you sick.

sure, people put batteries in the cabin with them. but some people also smoke crack. so who cares what other people do?

anything in the cabin with you should be secured enough to withstand an accident at highway speeds. and given the risks, i don't think it's worth it. a battery box in the bed would be a better idea - but that brings another set of issues with routing cables.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.