First timer with dual battery setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

sdaman05
10+ year member

hey i am connecting two batteries together for better overall voltage and play life when the trucks off.. its for a festival thats a week long so i need it to be ready and well done.

ive drawn out my system as best i could on paint please see if i have connected anything anywhere that wont work.

thanks

Chris

trucksetup.jpg

Where is the power wire to the second battery coming from? It should be inbetween the front battery and the distro block. With a fuse in between the battery and the block. you can do the same thing with the ground but no fuse

Where is the power wire to the second battery coming from? It should be inbetween the front battery and the distro block. With a fuse in between the battery and the block. you can do the same thing with the ground but no fuse
the power wire from the first battery is hooked up the the PAC 200 amp relay which has an output to the second back battery... when the toggle switch ( i just added that part ) is thrown the batterys are connected. when its not they are not. keeping the first battery alive when we stop somewhere and park with the car off i can still user the back battery to power the stereo and have the 1st battery in reserve for starting the truck up.

trucksetup.png

Last edited by a moderator:
the power wire from the first battery is hooked up the the PAC 200 amp relay which has an output to the second back battery... when the toggle switch ( i just added that part ) is thrown the batterys are connected. when its not they are not. keeping the first battery alive when we stop somewhere and park with the car off i can still user the back battery to power the stereo and have the 1st battery in reserve for starting the truck up.

trucksetup.png

Beside the fact that having a battery and a cap is pointless it should work. I dont see a fuse close to that second battery, I would add one.
all connections are soldered and heat shrinked and all fuses are within 1 foot of the batteries.. all three fuses are 200 amp and its on a Big Block V8 engine with a larger alternator.. not sure of the amps

looks good to me but you need a fuse where your stereo battery positive goes to the head unit and another for the remote toggle switch.. id guess maybe 20-30 amp depending on the wire size

10A is typically fine for the average head unit, especially since it isn't driving speakers. i agree with fusing any wire connected to the battery, especially the small wires.

were you trying to draw a dual post battery? top connections and left side connections?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.